Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 06:10 PM

148 posts, read 574,477 times

Advertisements

We were supposed to close tomorrow. We had everything we were supposed to have had to the bank. On the 16th, they added a few more items, mostly dealing with VA stuff. The closing lawyer we are using says that they must have the loan package from the bank by noon the day before closing or they will delay the closing. Well, BofA did not have our package ready. So today my husband and I are calling all over trying to get answers as to what's happening. NO ONE answered the phone or returned any phone calls! Oh we were more pissed that they seemed to be avoiding us than the whole being late thing. Finally around 7pm I got a call from the processor who says the file is in underwriting and we should have an answer in the morning. I call my husband to let him know that at least SOMEONE had finally let us know SOMETHING. Two minutes after I got off the phone with him, the loan officer (thank you to whoever corrected me on the mortgage broker vs loan officer difference) called to let me know that the file was in underwriting. She obviously didn't know the loan processor had called me about fifteen minutes before she had. She went on a spiel about them having to wait for other people (there was no one else to wait on though. Maybe the appraiser's final inspection but THEY're the ones who hired the appraiser) and she said our rate expires COB on Thursday, but that we should have closed by then and if not, she would get a rate lock extension and she would pay for it.

So even though she SAYS she believes we'll close by Thursday, I'm not that trusting of her anymore because all along she's said "oh I feel confident we'll close on time", yadda yadda yadda. Just the fact that she's mentioning that she would pay for a rate lock extension has me concerned that we might not close by Thursday.

What I'm wondering is, if the file just went to underwriting this evening, how likely is it that we'll have the approval and the closing paperwork will be sent to the lawyer's office by noon tomorrow? Is that impossible (or improbable) to do?

My husband took leave time to accomodate helping me pack, close, and move. I'm afraid by the time this loan goes through his leave will be over and I'll be moving by myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 06:52 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
I feel your pain. We closed on a V. A. mortgage on 6/10. Closing had one delay after another, the appraisel, the inspection, the water test, updated bank statements.......... arrrrrghh. It will happen, the V.A. reg.'s are maddening but it's all good. The people working on your mortgage may have others they are working on at the same time. Best of luck and congratulations on your new home.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:17 PM

1,673 posts, read 7,019,437 times
I hate to say this to you but your odds of closing tomorrow are pretty small. Usually UW takes 24 to 48 hours, than you get conditions meaning the lender will ask for more up to date paystubs, better copy of drivers license, etc...

If the lender has all updated information, there is a chance but very unlikely. I would suggest that you get all updated documentation so if the lender asks for it you can provide quickly.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:03 PM

Those were the things we got to them on time. I mean there seemed to be condition after condition, but we've put in the updated bank statements, pay stubs, they've done the recent credit supplements... The things they were conditional approving on, now they've finally got the file for final approval. If they ask for anything else after all this

Old 06-23-2009, 03:47 PM

Do you have your home owner's insurance set? I bet you close before the week is gone.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:24 PM

Yep, home owner's insurance was part of the conditions they asked for that we sent in. The closing lawyer has rescheduled closing for Thursday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:34 PM

Just a small delay then. It can be hard to wait through all the steps and such. Our original closing date was May 9th, we closed June 10. I was so glad to get closing behind us. I hope you're very happy in your new home. Try not to overwork yourself moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages