Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 10:21 PM

66 posts, read 230,104 times

Advertisements

When you guys say time to close, what do you mean? From the time you sign your mortgage commitment, or from the time your first approved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,126 times
I have excellent credit and have been paying on time for the past 5 years to Countrywide which is now part of BoA. I was shopping for refinancing, BoA agent said they'll do it, and I was stupid enough to go with them. NOW IT HAS BEEN OVER 5 MONTHS and counting. They have been just straggling me along doing NOTHING. If you know of any lawyer who would take on my case, I would love to sue the bastards.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:01 AM

181 posts, read 692,249 times
Default Boa

BOA's problems didn't start when they bought Countrywide. Five years ago we were in the process of buying a new house and BOA had given us a closing date and time. The day of the scheduled closing BOA announced they were going to delay the closing until the next morning. The next day they kept putting us off with a time of day. By this time our contract with the seller had expired and they could have walked with our $10K ernest money. To say we were nervous would be an understatement.

Fortunately we were in a position to pay cash and our realtor located a lawyer, caught the title search person at the court house at 11am and we closed at 4:30pm on the day after BOA had scheduled the closing.

Guess who will never darken the door at BOA ever again?

Old 03-17-2010, 06:01 PM

995 posts, read 3,928,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMTN View Post
BOA's problems didn't start when they bought Countrywide. Five years ago we were in the process of buying a new house and BOA had given us a closing date and time. The day of the scheduled closing BOA announced they were going to delay the closing until the next morning. The next day they kept putting us off with a time of day. By this time our contract with the seller had expired and they could have walked with our $10K ernest money. To say we were nervous would be an understatement.

Fortunately we were in a position to pay cash and our realtor located a lawyer, caught the title search person at the court house at 11am and we closed at 4:30pm on the day after BOA had scheduled the closing.

Guess who will never darken the door at BOA ever again?
I agree with your first sentence.

It's not Countrywide fault that BofA is in a mess.

I don't know how I refi'ed with BofA within 2 months in Nov/2009.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:09 PM

8 posts, read 16,934 times
Whatever you do, do not get a mortgage through BoA. We're currently in the process of doing so, and it has been a nightmare from beginning to end. We were supposed to close on the 19th, but the day before they come and say they won't have the paperwork ready. We've bent over backwards to make sure they had the paperwork early and asked if the needed more or different paperwork and we got no response or they would say that everything looks fine. And then in the week we're supposed to close, they come with all kinds of additional stuff they need before they can close. They've also asked for the same paperwork 2-3 times already. If it wasn't for the close date being so close and our lease on our apartment is up, we would have gotten a different lender. If nothing else, we're going to close our BoA bank account with them once this whole debacle is over and done with.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:24 AM

286 posts, read 1,366,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBlossom View Post
Whatever you do, do not get a mortgage through BoA. We're currently in the process of doing so, and it has been a nightmare from beginning to end. We were supposed to close on the 19th, but the day before they come and say they won't have the paperwork ready. We've bent over backwards to make sure they had the paperwork early and asked if the needed more or different paperwork and we got no response or they would say that everything looks fine. And then in the week we're supposed to close, they come with all kinds of additional stuff they need before they can close. They've also asked for the same paperwork 2-3 times already. If it wasn't for the close date being so close and our lease on our apartment is up, we would have gotten a different lender. If nothing else, we're going to close our BoA bank account with them once this whole debacle is over and done with.
Good for you. We did the same thing, closed all our BOA accounts and credit cards purely out of spite after we closed on our house last fall. We've also written the letters to BOA, emailed them to everybody on their company directory etc, even complained to BBB and state offices, but you know what? It all meant squat. I've only been in our house for 8 months and I already want to refi with another bank. Just for spite.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:07 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,905,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusibius2 View Post
Good for you. We did the same thing, closed all our BOA accounts and credit cards purely out of spite after we closed on our house last fall. We've also written the letters to BOA, emailed them to everybody on their company directory etc, even complained to BBB and state offices, but you know what? It all meant squat. I've only been in our house for 8 months and I already want to refi with another bank. Just for spite.
Please do not think your actions are not felt. Multiply your efforts by many more. There is even a movement to Move Your Money. Check out this site:
Move Your Money I think you're part of this country that is making a statement and a difference. You're selling yourself short.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:52 AM

2 posts, read 7,685 times
I had posted a while back regarding the run around BOA was giving me. They continued past my first two close dates so I decided to do something about it. I fired BOA on a Wednesday and hired an independent loan broker to help me. He had me closed in 12 days with the same rate BOA gave me! He kept telling me that I was the perfect borrower. My loan was sold to Chase. I had so many problems with BOA. They had two apprasials done and had requested an additional one before I fired them. The first two were the wrong apprasials. My new lender had one done and it as correct the first time. BOA requested my same paystub four times. BOA ignored my calls, and e-mails. My new lender called everyday to update me on the status. Of course, I could go on and on about the ignorant things that occured when dealing with them but I will spare everyone the details. I just wish I had known then, what I know now!

Old 06-02-2010, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,736 times
i have been in the process of a first time home loan through bank of america for almost 120 days now. i never thought buying my first home would be like this the excitement has gone completely away i'm just sick to my stomach about the whole thing now. from the rud conversations i've had with loan officers and so on. the lies and so on. closing has been set five times and has not happened every time. i never get a call from my loan officer about anything i always have to call them. ive never done business with anyone like boa before they are truely unprofessional. if my loan is not done very shortly im going to tell there they can forget the dang thing. im tired and stressed out ready to be done with it. my loan officer has gotten every thing she has asked for the day she asked for it or the day after and i call to make sure she gets it every time and she says yes i received it but she emails me a week or two later and asks for it again or says its not right. why not say that when i send it in. just unreal will never do business with them again.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,010 times
Thumbs down cash sale with boa ? why the whate ? W T F

has anyone had problems with boa with cash sales ? already cancled closing date one and had us sighn an adendom for a new close date ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages