Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2024, 09:40 AM

778 posts, read 503,975 times

Advertisements

The Crater Rally is coming up in May. I'm considering going, as a lot of friends will be there. I hope it turns out better than the last one.
https://www.thecraterrally.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2024, 09:45 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,818,131 times
"Renued..."

"Renuals"

LOL. RV sites are $345 for the 4 days?

Talk about a "cash grab." For Texas, no less!

Old 03-28-2024, 09:18 AM

Our plan is to pool our nickels and dimes and rent a BnB. It will be too hot in TX for tent camping. Once you've agreed to go and put in your money, there are no refunds. If you have to back out for any reason, you forfeit the share.

Old 04-16-2024, 01:03 PM

8,304 posts, read 13,437,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
"Renued..."

"Renuals"

LOL. RV sites are $345 for the 4 days?

Talk about a "cash grab." For Texas, no less!
I was like "What the heck is he talking about?" until I peaked at the "Registration" page on the site.
LOL indeed!

That is a lot for 4 days unless they are including the Fridays in the weekends?
Either way, it might be fun though I don't like mc events in really hot weather, camping or not.
I have been to the Born Free event twice in Irvine and it was too damn hot/humid for me!

BMW, why did you say "I hope it is better than the last time"? Is that the time where bunch of HD guys ditched you or something else?

Old 04-16-2024, 08:20 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,818,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I was like "What the heck is he talking about?" until I peaked at the "Registration" page on the site.
LOL indeed!

Either way, it might be fun though I don't like mc events in really hot weather, camping or not.
I have been to the Born Free event twice in Irvine and it was too damn hot/humid for me!
Before it was the "Born Free" show in Silverado, it was the "All American Motorcycle Show" from Lion Country Safari.

I went a few years.

In 2000, I won the "dyno-shootout" with my ZX12R. (Stock and still under warranty at the time!)

The following year, they held a "burn-out" contest. I took 2nd Place.

(I didn't "blow" my tire, as I had a 60 mile freeway blast to get home.)

Still have the plaque & trophy somewhere...

Old 04-18-2024, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
LOL indeed!

BMW, why did you say "I hope it is better than the last time"? Is that the time where bunch of HD guys ditched you or something else?
Yes. They didn't ditch me on purpose, they just rode so fast on dark country roads that I couldn't keep up.
I remember a time you and I were on a ride and I asked you why are riding so fast, I was working hard to keep up. You said, I'm not riding fast at all. It's a perspective thing, I guess.

I'm having second thoughts on going to this event. The proposed BNB house is quite a distance from the event, and nearby motels are jacking their rates up for the event.

Old 04-18-2024, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
Yes. They didn't ditch me on purpose, they just rode so fast on dark country roads that I couldn't keep up.
They should always be aware of a new rider and be considerate, keep an eye, etc.

Quote:
I remember a time you and I were on a ride and I asked you why are riding so fast, I was working hard to keep up. You said, I'm not riding fast at all. It's a perspective thing, I guess.
What?!?! You must be joking! I have never ridden that fast with you. Actually, you have left me in eating your dust once or twice! You are actually quite fast for your age!
I think you were referring to that time when we were going to that Turkish restaurant with (Mike? - your friend with the Triumph) and I was a bit hungry so, I might have been a in a rush but I always check to see if the person I am riding with is visible if they are behind me, and you were.

Not my fault if you were riding like you weren't starving!

PS. Good news, I am getting mighty close to resolving the electrical issue on my bike. I got it running yesterday which proved it was some sort of a stupid wiring issue.

Old Today, 10:23 AM

Ha-ha! I'm not a new rider, but I am new to Texas.

It was when we were headed north on Newport Coast Dr., to San Joaquin Rd. then back to PCH. There's a certain amount of perspective in everything, I guess.

Glad you got your bike sorted out.

Keep the rubber side down!

Old Today, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
Ha-ha! I'm not a new rider, but I am new to Texas.

It was when we were headed north on Newport Coast Dr., to San Joaquin Rd. then back to PCH. There's a certain amount of perspective in everything, I guess.
Huh? I never said you were a new rider.
My bike doesn't have a "Senior Citizen" mode, just one mode! Ha-hah.
I, honestly, don't remember it. We took that route maybe 3-4 times and you were always tailing me just fine but I am truly sorry if I made it uncomfortable for you. I didn't think I was a fast rider at all.

Quote:
Glad you got your bike sorted out.

Keep the rubber side down!
Thanks but not quite fixed yet. Sadly, it has gotten quite warm here already! It is only in the mid 90s but it feels a bit too hot, probably because it transitioned from high 60s/low 70s to low to mid 90s overnight (no joke). This is what I dislike about the weather, no smooth transition from cold to hot. The mildly warm days are lacking here. Perhaps I need to get a bit more acclimated?

If I get the bike fully fixed, I will probably get to enjoy another month of riding before it will be too hot to ride even at night (until October). Oh well, probably not much different in your neck of the woods, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles