Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 10:05 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times

Advertisements

It's Novocaine, I'm almost certain. If you ride a rigid for a month, your ass will beg for some of it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 03:22 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
[quote=catman;9454737]It's Novocaine, [quote]

Or, novocain, without an "e". The spelling really depends on what the company wants to call it. It is the generic,or BRAND name for Procaine. Since procaine is the actual chemical name, there is only one spelling for P R O C A I N E. But since Novacaine is a proper noun, it's spelling depends on the company who makes it. I have seen it spelled 4 or 5 different ways in my own practice. The most common is with an "O" but without an "E" at the end, like you spelled it, but that doesn't make your, or the other spellings incorrect.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 06-25-2009 at 03:44 PM..

Old 06-25-2009, 08:17 PM

419 posts, read 1,921,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anesthesia
MDI have been riding it as much as possible with this never ending rain. I'm glad I had the experience, but I'll be happy to get my softail back. It seems to me like the only advantage is the handling. It is very responsive, but it's not enough to compensate for the discomfort.
I may be a little late to chime in on this thread, but it sounds like you chose to go with the rigid until your bike is completed. IMO that is a good choice. Reason being. if you've never experienced riding a hardtail, you have missed out on how things used to be.

I've owned 2 HD hardtails, the 1st being a 1945 61ci kuncklehead and the other was a 1950 74ci panhead. Now neither of these bikes had the fancy features of todays glorified customs, as they were completely stock from the factory. Yes, they both had a rigid frame and the only suppension was in the front end. the tires and the seat your butt sat on. They also had a kick start and foot clutch with the shifter attached to the gas tank.

The roads are better paved today than they were back in the 60's and riding a hardtail today would be a piece of cake, especially if your young. IMO many of the posters have never riden a hardtail and their opinions should be discounted as they have no experience with riding one.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:42 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoydS View Post
I may be a little late to chime in on this thread, but it sounds like you chose to go with the rigid until your bike is completed. IMO that is a good choice. Reason being. if you've never experienced riding a hardtail, you have missed out on how things used to be.

I've owned 2 HD hardtails, the 1st being a 1945 61ci kuncklehead and the other was a 1950 74ci panhead. Now neither of these bikes had the fancy features of todays glorified customs, as they were completely stock from the factory. Yes, they both had a rigid frame and the only suppension was in the front end. the tires and the seat your butt sat on. They also had a kick start and foot clutch with the shifter attached to the gas tank.

The roads are better paved today than they were back in the 60's and riding a hardtail today would be a piece of cake, especially if your young. IMO many of the posters have never riden a hardtail and their opinions should be discounted as they have no experience with riding one.
I agree completely. While I am glad it is not my regular ride, I am very grateful to have this experience.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:33 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
I rode a few hardtails back in the 1950's and 1960's but I never owned one. My Dad had an old Army surplus 750cc flathead that had a hardtail that we rode around on the farm. It weighed a ton and rode even worse than the old WD-9 tractor with the iron seat that I did field work on. How I survived growing up without getting hemorrhoids from all those rough riding pieces of equipment is a real miracle.

GL2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles