Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 01:05 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,483,032 times

Advertisements

OMG...

Local art movie house has announced the dates they will present the 3rd installment of the "Girl with Dragon Tattoo" Trilogy, the "Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.". Sub-Titled in English of course.

Scheduled to Open on November 19th (Friday before Thanksgiving) Will make a great December movie trek to visit our local art movie house.

This movie series ain't for everyone.

Phil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 09:20 AM

Saw this movie last Monday nite (11/22/10)

I give it 4 (out of 5) stars. It is great....

However....
-viewer really needs to see the 1st two movies before hand
-viewer won't understand anything in the 1st hour of the movie without seeing Girl who Played with Fire movie.
-This is not an action film, nor an adolescent cartoon magazine movie brought to film. No special effects. A couple of shots with stuntmen performing, but no one is going to risk injury to the star of a movie while it is being shot. This is a Swedish film, and one can tell, but it isn't a distraction or downgrading worthy effect.
-Film editing is slow paced, plot is more plodding and building (collecting?) of evidence to enhance the courtroom drama.
-A truly great film for an adult audience who are seeking a film that will engage their intellect.
-Not so much eye candy as solid acting performances by entire cast even down to bad guys in secrete cabal offices.

Helps if view has read all three books in the Dragon Tattoo series before hand.

Noomi Rapace is the star of this movie, it is all about her character and Ms Rapace's performance. Very expressive underplayed facial movements that speak louder than any line I can compare against. The big smile while in the hospital bed well done.

Movie's end is not the same as the Book. While this movie ended the trilogy of movies, the ending was vague and may have left open a future movie beyond the books. Book kind-of pulled a complete stop, but not the movie.

I hope you all get a chance to see this movie, and see Noomi Rapace's performance.

If you get to see this film, you will notice the courtroom drama part is the guys against the girls and in the end, the 'brother' gets nailed as he deserves.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:42 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,373,595 times
I intend on seeing it when it comes out on DVD. I have enjoyed the first two movies, unlike most European movies because first and foremost, they tell an interesting story and have a plot with lots of twists and turns.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:33 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,223,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I intend on seeing it when it comes out on DVD. I have enjoyed the first two movies, unlike most European movies because first and foremost, they tell an interesting story and have a plot with lots of twists and turns.
It's a Swedish movie ... so, yeah.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,373,595 times
I watched this today and it was a good final installment to the trilogy. The ending was a nail biter. I highly recommend all 3 movies.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:00 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,814,714 times
I loved all 3 of them, but I had readall 3 books first.

There is said to be most of a 4th book written but held by the long-time girl-friend. She got cut out of the estate b/c of Swedish laws although she claimed they wrote the books together. If it ever gets released, I'd love to read it.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:18 PM

Just a personal opinion....

Ms Rapace's acting and the character she is portraying is almost a female version of Bogart's portrayal of Philip Marlow (although, character Lizbeth Salander ends up with money, and Marlow was always broke.) I mean, Rapace has shown she is a very good actress, but imagine her performance with a really top-shelf internationally acclaimed producer and director; I just loved her small facial movements that expressed so much emotional back-story.

I really don't think something as minor as the original author being dead is going to stop about 100 movie makers (cameramen, makeup, costumes, etc.) in Sweden from being employed full time for the next 10 or 12 years making films based on the Salander character as a private detective with all of Europe as a background.

At Noomi Rapace's age, she could be good at that role until she is in her late 40's or even longer.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:49 AM

26,720 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philwithbeard View Post
At Noomi Rapace's age, she could be good at that role until she is in her late 40's or even longer.
There's a link to an article posted a thread somewhere here that said she's finished with the Salander role; it took too much out of her, even though she enjoyed portraying her. In the American version of the film, that character will be played by Rooney Mara (who played the girlfriend of Jesse Eisenberg's character in the "The Social Network").

Old 12-06-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
There's a link to an article posted a thread somewhere here that said she's finished with the Salander role; it took too much out of her, even though she enjoyed portraying her. In the American version of the film, that character will be played by Rooney Mara (who played the girlfriend of Jesse Eisenberg's character in the "The Social Network").
That news saddens me.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:57 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,814,714 times
I'll still see the American version - after all, Daniel Craig is in it - but usually we do a poor job of translating other cultures into our movies. "La Femme Nikita" comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies