Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite action movie star?
Arnold Schwarzenegger 13 24.53%
Sylvester Stallone 4 7.55%
Bruce Willis 7 13.21%
Jean-Claude Van Damme 2 3.77%
Steven Segal 5 9.43%
Dolph Lundgren 1 1.89%
Wesley Snipes 0 0%
Jackie Chan 3 5.66%
"The Rock" Dwayne Johnson 3 5.66%
Other 15 28.30%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 01:28 PM

1,017 posts, read 2,503,458 times

Advertisements

Mine is Arnold Schwarzenegger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 01:40 PM

12,332 posts, read 17,183,752 times
Default Jcvd..

Van Damme..Grew up with a friend who lived. breathed and slept martial arts and it's films-Esp Van Damme's. Kickboxer, Bloodsport and Cyborg bring back fond memories. All the gals loved Van Damme so my friend's gorgeous sister used to watch the films with us. Oh I was so young..

Cyborg was super cheesy but oh so good. The fight scene with the freaky-eyed dude in the end was awesome. He was played by Vincent Klyn. The tag-line spoken in the beginning of the film was great too.

That Vincent Klyn guy was a hell of a baddie, Wonder what happened to him..

Old 11-13-2011, 10:37 PM

8,377 posts, read 13,528,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Cyborg was super cheesy but oh so good. The fight scene with the freaky-eyed dude in the end was awesome. He was played by Vincent Klyn. The tag-line spoken in the beginning of the film was great too.

Ha ha, I remember! Yes, the movie was slow and cheesy and the villain was indeed a bad.ss. I think he was the same surfer freak in Point Break.

I like almost every one on the list however due to the Rambo series, Judge Dredd and Demolition Man and many other highly entertaining movies, the edge goes to Sly in my book followed by JCVD and Chuck Norris. Arnold lost a lot of points due to ruining CA and banging her babysitter so he was not even eligible.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:10 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,847,200 times
Quote:
Van Damme..Grew up with a friend who lived. breathed and slept martial arts and it's films-Esp Van Damme's. Kickboxer, Bloodsport and Cyborg bring back fond memories. All the gals loved Van Damme so my friend's gorgeous sister used to watch the films with us. Oh I was so young..
I'm going a little off topic here but I just couldn't resist!

I have been in the martial arts for forty years now and from first hand knowledge I can tell you that Van Damme the former ballet dancer could NOT carry the GI of Frank Dux .. the guy that Bloodsport was based on!

Someday, look up Frank Dux (pronounced: Dukes) and Van Damme on Google and you may be surprised!
(Bad blood there)

Reminds me of an interview that Johnny Carson did years ago with Chuck Norris.
Johnny asked if Van Damme could beat Chuck in a fight?

Answer from Norris: "How many championships has Van Damme won"?

Van Damme may be a good action hero but he is no Chuck Norris!

Quote:
Quote:
From 1975 to 1980 Frank W. Dux fought 329 matches.
He retired undefeated as the World Heavy Weight
Full Contact Kumite Champion.

Mr. Dux still holds four world records:

Fastest Knockout - 3.2 seconds
Fastest Punch with a Knockout - .12 seconds
Fastest Kick with a Knockout - 72 mph
Most Consecutive Knockouts in a Single Tournament - 56
As I said above .. Frank Dux!

Old 11-14-2011, 07:25 AM

696 posts, read 1,304,789 times
Mine too. "Hasta la vista, babe ;-) " !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobwilliam77 View Post
Mine is Arnold Schwarzenegger
You left out Jason Statham in the poll by the way. He is fairly new though, up and coming and pretty badass mo-fo!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,111,415 times
I'm guessing it's been awhile since you've seen an action movie in the theater and not just on AMC? LOL.
Those guys you listed--while, don't get me wrong, some of whom were great in their day--are pretty much past their prime now. So I didn't vote for any of 'em.

I vote for this cat. He's the baddest Action Guy around, these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGHyijBh1-0

Old 11-14-2011, 09:55 AM

393 posts, read 653,621 times
Add Jason Statham and you have the winner. He is the best right now. IMHO of course!

Old 11-14-2011, 11:50 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,863,292 times
I like Steven Segal. He's slick and a total bad a55. I also like the more recent Dolph Lundgren. His European movies are good and the guy is as tough as nails. I like his laid back demeanor.

As far as the bad a55 ladies is concerned I got to go with Michelle Rodriguez. She's totally gorgeous and tough at the same time.

-Cheers.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:18 AM

12,332 posts, read 17,183,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Ha ha, I remember! Yes, the movie was slow and cheesy and the villain was indeed a bad.ss. I think he was the same surfer freak in Point Break.

I like almost every one on the list however due to the Rambo series, Judge Dredd and Demolition Man and many other highly entertaining movies, the edge goes to Sly in my book followed by JCVD and Chuck Norris. Arnold lost a lot of points due to ruining CA and banging her babysitter so he was not even eligible.
He played Warchild, During the fight scene with Keaunu Reeves. Chili peppers front man Anthony Keidis was in it also. Patrick Swayze then showed up and beat them up.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:34 AM

8,377 posts, read 13,528,245 times
Quote:
He played Warchild, During the fight scene with Keaunu Reeves. Chili peppers front man Anthony Keidis was in it also. Patrick Swayze then showed up and beat them up.
I broke habit and google'd him and I was quite impressed that he was considered one of the top 5 surfers in the world at such a young age, that explains the shape he was in in both movies and it also explains how into surfing and water I am!

I like Chuck Norris' response to Johnny Carson's question, they are both class acts but lets be realistic, how many of the championship winners would be a good street fighter? Even Steven Seagal supposedly got his @ss beat by a construction worker, may be true may be bologna but just because someone can kick the crap out of everyone in front of a camera doesn't make them a bad@ss in real life.

Jason Statham always plays the roles with the same tone and attitude, always. The usually over the top action and the script makes up for where he falls short. His movies are generally entertaining no doubt but he is not in the same level as most of the others mentioned on the list, not yet at least. He also has not won any championships either. He is more like a British version of Bruce Willis minus the charms but he does decent action movies nevertheless.

I agree, Frank Dux was a total badass. Dolph Lundgren even had a pretty solid competition background. Not as known or as popular as Chuck but his martial arts is pretty real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies