Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 04:44 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,251,908 times

Advertisements

No Breaking Dawn thread yet??

What did you think? What did you like? What didn't you like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 09:54 PM

37,817 posts, read 41,123,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
No Breaking Dawn thread yet??

What did you think? What did you like? What didn't you like?
I'm going Monday afternoon when younger people are in school. Had something else to do today and tomorrow but to "prep" watched the original Twilight for like the 10th time. I'm a sucker for the baseball scene in the original. Looking forward to Breaking Dawn.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:52 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,926,929 times
Spoiler
Moderator cut: inappropriate The worst vampire movie ever. Emo vampires. Ann Rice's Interview with the vampire is the greatest vampire movie. Why in the hell would vampires go to high school?? Ladies, burn those twilight crap and go buy some Ann Rice books. 0/5 stars

Last edited by Beretta; 11-21-2011 at 06:08 PM..

Old 11-19-2011, 04:54 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,175,721 times
I saw it today. IMO it was the weakest of all the ones I have seen. It lagged in places and went into overdrive in other places. To some of the other vampire actors/actresses were underutilized in this movie. I wanted to see it because I am basically shamefully hooked on the books. I will say that Bella looked beautiful in her wedding dress!

Old 11-20-2011, 09:28 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,328,433 times
I actually thought it was good. I like the overall Twilight storyline, although I have problems with parts of each book and willingly suspend disbelief over some of the questionable logistics of her vampires. I appreciate that the movies are more or less faithful adaptations of the books, but all of them for me have been C movies that I've enjoyed almost in spite of myself.

I liked Breaking Dawn (part 1) more than I expected to. I thought it was paced well and it held my attention throughout. In the book, my least favorite parts are the chapters told from Jacob's perspective, but they did a great job in the movie of showing the wolf/Jacob scenes without making me want to close my eyes. Nothing was too belabored. I still don't think the special effects for the wolves are all that special -- they still look like big cartoon wolves.

The special effects for pregnant Bella were great -- and horrific! She looked horrible. She's supposed to, and they did a really good job. She looked gray and bruised and emaciated, all sunken eyes and sharp bones. The birth scene was gross -- but it's gross in the book too.

As the final scenes happened, I wondered where they were going to end the movie. I knew where I wanted them to -- there's a natural ending place in the books -- but I didn't know if the director was going to give us that or cut out early. Happily, he ended where I wanted him to.

Bella and Edward -- or maybe it was Kristen and Rob -- seemed more relaxed and more natural. Bella always looks perpetually worried, and Edward always looks constipated...or like he's got something stinky right under his nose. But in this newest movie, both seemed more relaxed. Bella even smiled!!

I honestly think that I liked this movie better than any of the others. The second half of the book (with the Volturi) is my favorite part of Book 4, so I'm looking forward to the next movie.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:29 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,983,191 times
I saw it I enjoyed it. I thought the birth scene was great I liked it from Bellas Point of view. I enjoyed seeing a happy Edward and Bella at the begining and I thought the pregnancy was nicely done. All in all an enjoyable date with the hubby

Old 11-20-2011, 10:39 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,042,684 times
Watched it last night. Enjoyable and entertaining. Definitely more grim than the first 2 Twilights, would watch again b/c I went with a noisy group of people. Worth it

Old 11-20-2011, 11:20 AM

8,375 posts, read 13,528,245 times
You raise a generation on crap like this and then wonder why the relationships/marriages do not work out...pffftt.

I didn't see this one but the first 2 was bad enough. I doubt I'd want to see it for free.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:46 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,804,050 times
Yup...not what I thought it would be. Really disapointing. I was hoping for more action. And when there was action....bad.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:39 PM

6,888 posts, read 11,277,399 times
Smile Question - what if you've never seen one?

I have not read the books or seen any of the other movies.

My daughter, though, is a fan (age 27) and would like to go.

Would the storyline be lost on me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies