Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should they have remade Conan the Barbarian?
Ye sure, why not? 3 20.00%
No... 11 73.33%
Who's Conan? 1 6.67%
Could care the less, not into Fantacy fiction... 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 11:35 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,347,094 times

Advertisements

Did they include the 'witch' scene again?

Where him and the lady get hot around the fire, and she turns out to be a witch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 07:06 AM

8,286 posts, read 38,891,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Did they include the 'witch' scene again?

Where him and the lady get hot around the fire, and she turns out to be a witch?
The movie bears zero similarity to the first one. There is no commonality in the storyline.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:57 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,347,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
The movie bears zero similarity to the first one. There is no commonality in the storyline.
Ahh schucks...you mean there's no 'Conan, what is best in life?' moment?...

Oh well...guess in a way I'm glad it doesn't resemble the original Arnold movie...

That way those memories can stay intact...

Old 11-28-2011, 09:07 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,729,597 times
I liked the movie but it should have been named something else and had nothing to do with conan.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:27 AM

23,025 posts, read 28,502,916 times
I tried watching this on DVD last night. I think I finally gave up about 45 minutes in. It's so so horrible. Even with my extremely low expectations, I couldn't finish the thing. Just an absolute train wreck of a movie. Everything that the filmmakers could have done wrong, they did wrong. And then they went looking for other things to do wrong.

Too bad, because I could tell a fair amount of money went into making it. What a waste.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:56 AM

696 posts, read 1,307,820 times
Have not seen the new one, which reminds me I have not seen the original one either. Will go now and put that (the Arnie one) on my Netflix queue.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:13 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,729,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyusa View Post
Have not seen the new one, which reminds me I have not seen the original one either. Will go now and put that (the Arnie one) on my Netflix queue.
Dont forget conan the destroyer and red sonja

Old 03-19-2012, 10:38 AM

696 posts, read 1,307,820 times
Okay will include them too, thanks.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:11 PM

13,137 posts, read 22,915,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Ok, when I heard they were remaking this movie on the radio this morning I almost wanted to cry...

Some movies you just don't remake...and this is one of them, and if you do you definitly do '3-D' it...no...just stop...

Why?....why?, I mean of all the older fantacy fiction movies they could of pulled out the closet to remake, why did they choose this one?...

Certain character actors just can't be replicated...John Wayne, Clint East Wood, Bruce Lee, And Arnold Schwartsinegger....

It can't be done...Exspecially with today inferior directing and acting pool and script writing...

They are taking a classic childhood iconic favorite of many, and turning it into a 15 minute of fame remake, just to sell it on some coffee mugs and happy meals and cereal boxes...and Conan apps...

Arnolds portrayal of Conan felt authintic do to his real Austrian accent...Arnolds heritage really fit the bill...and that cold barbaric glare he use to have...

this new Actor, looks more like Brandon Lee...and is not as muscular as the original character...(sorry but tall men who arent fully muscular, look more like their half starving)...

And I heard a preview on the radio this morning...the accents are totally fake...instead of 'being Conan', you can tell he's trying to 'be Conan'...

Oh well, maybe a 4 year old might be impressed...

They're going to mess this one up like they did when they remade 'Clash of the Titans.'...

However...I could be wrong since I haven't seen it...

So I could be over reacting...

It's just some things are so embedded in your memory of years ago, that when they mess with it, and reconstruct it, it can be bothersome...

If anyone sees the movie, please do give a review...thanks...

Next their going to re do the Terminator...it's only a matter of time...
I found this movie (the remake) in the bargain bin the other day and oh was it god-awful! It didn't even follow the book at all... at least Arnold's version make an effort to do that. It was a movie on par with "The Scorpion King"... which means it was complete and total garbage.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:48 AM

23,025 posts, read 28,502,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I found this movie (the remake) in the bargain bin the other day and oh was it god-awful! It didn't even follow the book at all... at least Arnold's version make an effort to do that. It was a movie on par with "The Scorpion King"... which means it was complete and total garbage.
I actually kind of liked The Scorpion King. It never made any pretension to be anything other than campy.

The new Conan was trying desperately hard to be serious but came across campy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies