Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 05:29 PM

25 posts, read 52,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyusa View Post
Never liked Seagal anyway, he looks more like a villain than an action hero, good thing they left him out.
Same here! Sorry Seagal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 11:09 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,028,894 times
I enjoyed watching the first one, once. I never thought there would be a need for a second one.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:09 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,172,050 times
Default Arnol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I enjoyed watching the first one, once. I never thought there would be a need for a second one.
Having Van Damme, Norris and Arnold make it complete. I got chills at the end of this trailer with the shot of Arnold firing that gun.

And he appeared to be wearing a lather jacket as well. Shades of the Terminator anyone?

Old 12-19-2011, 04:00 PM

696 posts, read 1,304,103 times
Haha yep when I saw the trailer I was thinking the same thing. He didn't age well though (compared to Stallone), looks much more beat up, still nice to see my favorite action hero get back into a bit of action in part 2!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
And he appeared to be wearing a lather jacket as well. Shades of the Terminator anyone?

Old 12-20-2011, 01:20 PM

22,953 posts, read 28,365,202 times
Meh. I thought the first one was so-so at best. It reminded me of Ocean's 12 more than anything --- where it was obvious the only reason for the movie was for a bunch of big name stars to be onscreen together.

Nothing in this trailer makes me want to see the sequel.

No Carl Weathers? No Mr. T? Fail.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:40 PM

696 posts, read 1,304,103 times
That's the only gripe I have about this franchise, no Mr. T (so far anyway).

Absence of Mr. T also hurt my feelings in The A-Team, from the moment that I learnt he wasn't going to be in the cast. Very sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No Carl Weathers? No Mr. T? Fail.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:05 AM

898 posts, read 2,900,179 times
Quote:
Never liked Seagal anyway, he looks more like a villain than an action hero, good thing they left him out.
I agree

Old 12-22-2011, 08:17 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,655,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
"A need"? The first one made money which pretty much dictated that there would be a second one. I think this one looks enjoyable if you can appreciate it for what it is trying to be. Just a throwback to 80's action flicks. I'd be glad if this respawned the genre. We need some more Cannon Group type films.

I wonder if Stallone has been in the most sequels out of any actor?

6 (I think) Rockies
4 Rambos
2 Expendables

Robert Englund would come pretty close at 7 or so and I think Michael Winslow was in all the Police Academy films, which I think is also 7.

That's 12 sequels which is more than even any actor who played James Bond (if you want to call those movies sequels).

Old 12-25-2011, 11:59 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,172,050 times
Quote:
Haha yep when I saw the trailer I was thinking the same thing. He didn't age well though (compared to Stallone), looks much more beat up, still nice to see my favorite action hero get back into a bit of action in part 2!!!
Van Damme and Lundgren aged rather badly, Despite being in great shape. I know Van Damme had an alcohol/drug problem for a time so that did not help. Good to see him back on the big screen.

I would have liked to see some female Expendables..Cynthia Rothrock or Michelle yeaoh would have been good!

Old 12-27-2011, 03:28 AM

7 posts, read 7,119 times
Good to see that The Expendables 2 is coming and I have seen this trailer video.
It was really entertaining.Can anyone of you tell me that when this movie gonna release???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies