Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 08:01 AM

857 posts, read 845,907 times

Advertisements

Snatch! Tons of unique and quotable content.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 07:56 PM

919 posts, read 790,861 times
Casablanca but yes so many great ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vThuwa5RZU

Old 01-29-2019, 11:19 PM

2,448 posts, read 896,436 times
North By Northwest. Hitchcock quite possibly made superior artistic films, but this is the most enjoyable. Perfect role for Cary Grant. Great lines, great plot, great villains, great sequences in memorable settings.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:38 PM

193 posts, read 205,166 times
I'm a big fan of Film Noir and my favorite in this genre (indeed my favorite film of all time) is "Sudden Fear", released in 1952 by RKO. Starring Joan Crawford, Jack Palance, and Gloria Grahame, Sudden Fear received four Oscar nominations including Best Actress (Crawford) and Best Supporting Actor (Palance). Joan Crawford is brilliant as a successful playwright who must develop a plot to save her own life from the treachery of her husband and his girlfriend. Set in San Francisco and filmed in glorious black and white, Sudden Fear is an unforgettable suspense thriller!

Old 02-11-2019, 05:37 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,339,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I call a favourite movie one that I can watch over and over and not get fed up with the acting or the plot.

The Heiress with Olivia de Haviland
Gaslight with Ingrid Bergman
Rebecca with Larry Olivier

"You thought I loved Rebecca? You thought that? I hated her!" Best part of the movie. Loved those old movies like Rebecca, Now Voyager, Laura, Suspicious. If Cary Grant, Bette Davis or Joan Fontaine were in it I was watching it. Movies back then relied on good acting and suspense where most of today's movies rely on action, mayhem and CGI.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:57 AM

6,375 posts, read 4,212,117 times
I’m not into violent movies at all and not sure if this was considered one, however I loved
“No Country for Old Men”! for many reasons❗️

The actors and actresses were amazing, especially Javier Bardem who was totally freighening.

The way it was portrayed, I was glued to the film that was filled with visual nuances that were meaningful only if you paid strict attention to everything that was visible. For instance, not seeing or knowing for sure if Javier killed Brolin’s wife but noticing that he looked down at his boots after stepping out of her front door. Many of those small intricacies.

Leave it to the Coen Brothers and a great lineup of actors.

Anyway, I loved that crazy movie❗️

wife

Old 02-13-2019, 06:22 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,339,085 times
Another Coen Brothers movie I really like a lot was "O Brother Where Art Thou".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies