Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2013, 05:05 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,137,018 times

Advertisements

Please post your experiences with watching a movie with glasses over your glasses. Worth it? Name the movie as a bonus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 06:58 AM

891 posts, read 2,449,461 times
Very rarely worth it. Only Life of Pi and Gravity would I say was worth it.

As far as actually wearing the glasses over my real glasses, it is a pain, but I get used to it.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:01 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,744,527 times
Life of PI was really worth it and I just put the glasses on top of my own,after a short while didn't notice them.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:24 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,836,447 times
Avatar was the first and last for the wife and I. It didn't bother me, but she had problems keeping the 3-D glasses on over her glasses, and I caught her several times with her prescription glasses off, and just the 3-D glasses trying to watch the movie. I'll wait till they perfect holographic technology. Give me the Holodeck from Star Trek any day!

Old 10-22-2013, 08:32 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
My daughter has a hard time watching 3-D movies because they don't sit right on her glasses. The kids' glasses are too small and the adult glasses are too big. Lately we've noticed that 3-D movies aren't worth much of the hype. Last movie we saw in 3-D was at Imax to see The Wizard of Oz and it was amazing. The quality of Imax is spectacular. The last 3-D movie we saw before that was Epic. Didn't really need to be in 3-D.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:05 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
3D doesn't work for me. Over my eyeglasses, without my eyeglasses ... nope, doesn't work. I see a blurry movie and get a massive headache. Not worth it at any price.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:19 AM

589 posts, read 1,347,090 times
Standard 3D movies don't work for me either. Same as Mark S reported. Blurry movie and headache. I've tried a few, because my kids wanted to see them.

As bellakin123 reported, though... Wizard of Oz on Imax was absolutely incredible. From the first opening scene, of Uncle Henry and Aunt Em trying to save the chicks from the broken incubator, I knew I was finally watching 3D done right.

Imax is so much more expensive than standard movies, which are already way more expensive than they should be, I don't see myself doing that again anytime soon. But I would have happily paid MUCH MUCH more to experience Oz the way it was presented in Imax.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:26 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieM View Post
Standard 3D movies don't work for me either. Same as Mark S reported. Blurry movie and headache. I've tried a few, because my kids wanted to see them.

As bellakin123 reported, though... Wizard of Oz on Imax was absolutely incredible. From the first opening scene, of Uncle Henry and Aunt Em trying to save the chicks from the broken incubator, I knew I was finally watching 3D done right.

Imax is so much more expensive than standard movies, which are already way more expensive than they should be, I don't see myself doing that again anytime soon. But I would have happily paid MUCH MUCH more to experience Oz the way it was presented in Imax.
Carrie, we said the same thing! Imax is A LOT more expensive even for a regular movie so we probably won't be doing that too often either. When we saw the trailers for some 3D movies we were awed. It was the way 3D SHOULD be.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:27 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,823,956 times
I wear very large "aviator" style glasses, and after just a second of adjusting, I've always been able to fit the 3D glasses over, and hadn't had problems viewing through them. (This is in the last 2-3 years, after RealD 3D technology came out, where you don't have to cross your eyes initially to get the 3D).
Gravity was a great movie, and because so much of it's enjoyment came from the visual impact, that seeing it in 3D (and IMAX) made it totally immersive.
I enjoyed it enough that I went again, when some friends invited me to go to a standard theater, just to get a chance to pick up some details that I knew I'd missed the first time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies