Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 10:31 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,654,669 times

Advertisements

Cape Fear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 11:56 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,940,501 times
I had trouble sleeping after "An American Crime" with Ellen Page.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:08 AM

7,372 posts, read 5,488,300 times
When The Exorcist first came out, 1973 (?), I was in high school and people were making a big deal about it. Our priest told the congregation not to go see it. We did anyway of course we were teenagers. Scared the crap out of me! Could not sleep with the closet door open for some reason or my bedroom door shut.

Still can't watch it when it come on TV now.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:44 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,622,011 times
Two horror movies really got into my head and terrified me.

- The Blair Witch Project
Totally a love it or hate it movie. I understand why so many people hate this movie, but it really worked for me. The fact that you're never shown anything helps the viewer connect the dots in their mind. I have an overactive imagination, so my mind filled in the gaps to make this a truly terrifying movie. It didn't hurt that I was well versed in the Blair Witch lore before I saw the movie. Before the found footage genre became oversaturated, the technique really worked for BWP as many people didn't know if it was real or fake even after walking out of the theater.

- The Ring
Just a really well-done film. The fact that you simply cannot escape from this curse made it a truly tense film. The jump scare towards the beginning really caught me off guard and put me on edge for the rest of the movie. I haven't looked at static on a TV screen the same since.

Two movies that really scare my wife, and that I absolutely love:

- Session 9
This movie really plays tricks with your mind and creates a really scary atmosphere. Very well done and often overlooked film.

- The Strangers
The idea of being targeted in your home for no real reason other than the killers sick desires is pretty freaky. Early on when you see
Spoiler
one of the killers can get inside the house at will
, it shows how much enjoyment they get out of psychologically tormenting their prey.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:20 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,102,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
When The Exorcist first came out, 1973 (?), I was in high school and people were making a big deal about it. Our priest told the congregation not to go see it. We did anyway of course we were teenagers. Scared the crap out of me! Could not sleep with the closet door open for some reason or my bedroom door shut.

Still can't watch it when it come on TV now.
The Exorcist was very scary to me. I saw it the night it came out and there were rows of Nuns there in full habit. I was surprised to see them there.

The Omen was another really scary one. I had a friend named Damien back then and everyone was teasing him.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:22 PM

828 posts, read 908,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Two horror movies really got into my head and terrified me.

- The Blair Witch Project
Totally a love it or hate it movie. I understand why so many people hate this movie, but it really worked for me. The fact that you're never shown anything helps the viewer connect the dots in their mind. I have an overactive imagination, so my mind filled in the gaps to make this a truly terrifying movie. It didn't hurt that I was well versed in the Blair Witch lore before I saw the movie. Before the found footage genre became oversaturated, the technique really worked for BWP as many people didn't know if it was real or fake even after walking out of the theater.

- The Ring
Just a really well-done film. The fact that you simply cannot escape from this curse made it a truly tense film. The jump scare towards the beginning really caught me off guard and put me on edge for the rest of the movie. I haven't looked at static on a TV screen the same since.

Two movies that really scare my wife, and that I absolutely love:

- Session 9
This movie really plays tricks with your mind and creates a really scary atmosphere. Very well done and often overlooked film.

- The Strangers
The idea of being targeted in your home for no real reason other than the killers sick desires is pretty freaky. Early on when you see
Spoiler
one of the killers can get inside the house at will
, it shows how much enjoyment they get out of psychologically tormenting their prey.
Funny, you picked 3 movies that scare the devil out of me. I'll never forget watching Blair Witch Project in the theater when it came out. I slept with the lights on that night.

I thought the Ring was great, but that chick coming out of the tv was torture for me! Years later I tried to rewatch the movie, ended up changing the channel when the chick came out of the tv. I don't know why that's scary, really. It just is.

The Strangers disturbed me to no end. I watched it in the theater. It bothered me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies