Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2014, 12:03 PM

105 posts, read 85,296 times

Advertisements

Just six weeks ahead of its planned release, the Wachowskis' space thriller Jupiter Ascending has been postponed to 2015. Read the story at: Jupiter Ascending Release Postponed To 2015 | Entertainment News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 01:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,955,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsan2015 View Post
Just six weeks ahead of its planned release, the Wachowskis' space thriller Jupiter Ascending has been postponed to 2015. Read the story at: Jupiter Ascending Release Postponed To 2015 | Entertainment News
I heard about this the other day, I am not sure what to say. I wasn't looking forward to the movie but it looked like it would have been swallowed up by other movies coming out this summer. I think it is a better call but let's hope the February date works for them now.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:16 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,837,077 times
I'm very disappointing as I was looking forward to it.

It's a tough call:
Releasing a small film to compete with large block busters in the hope it becomes a blockbuster, or
holding it of to release it in a slow time so it can build a viewship on it's own.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:43 PM

29,530 posts, read 22,744,755 times
I can see the strategy behind this.

It's only June, and I'm already fatigued by the endless stream of CGI bloated movies. The summer movie going season seems to start earlier and earlier, as studios release their big projects as early as April. By July, I think audience fatigue sets in.

Perhaps by releasing it in a relatively slow month, there is less competition and less burnout from these types of movies.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:49 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,762,666 times
I didn't know about this movie, but I just saw the trailer, and it looks interesting. Too bad we'll have to wait until February of next year(!) to see it.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:36 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,955,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I can see the strategy behind this.

It's only June, and I'm already fatigued by the endless stream of CGI bloated movies. The summer movie going season seems to start earlier and earlier, as studios release their big projects as early as April. By July, I think audience fatigue sets in.

Perhaps by releasing it in a relatively slow month, there is less competition and less burnout from these types of movies.
I think it depends on the movie itself. If you have a great cast, director and/or established brand, the movie will be successful later on in summer. Guardians of the Galaxy and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are both August releases. Guardians is a Marvel movie so they have that name value and TMNT has their name as well as Michael Bay as producer on-board.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:38 PM

29,530 posts, read 22,744,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think it depends on the movie itself. If you have a great cast, director and/or established brand, the movie will be successful later on in summer. Guardians of the Galaxy and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are both August releases. Guardians is a Marvel movie so they have that name value and TMNT has their name as well as Michael Bay as producer on-board.
That's true.

It's probably a face saving move for Warner Bros., as well as probably a strategy to salvage whatever box office they can out of Jupiter Ascending next February. I just don't sense any excitement about the movie at all.

Edge Of Tomorrow Probably Forced Jupiter Ascending's Delay - CinemaBlend.com

Old 06-10-2014, 01:34 PM

22,945 posts, read 28,339,187 times
This is never a good sign, especially weeks prior to release. It seems WB realized they had a mess on their hands.

I wonder if the Wachowski filmmaking method of style over substance has finally caught up to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies