Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:08 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,215,518 times

Advertisements

Everyone was telling me how funny this movie was so I rented it. After 10 minutes I realized this is probably the worst movie of 2007.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 06:13 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,031,451 times
Here's what I thought last summer:
Superbad
I liked it, but then I tend to be in constant touch with my inner adolescent.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:30 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,124,664 times
I really think you have missed your metier, cil--you ought to be, not in movies, but reviewing them for money.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:41 AM

hah
Thanks for the compliment, OTR.
I really know nothing at all about filmmaking--I just know what works for me as a viewer.
The Jacksonville paper just "restructured" their film critic out of his original job, and I recently learned that the same thing happened to my favorite Denver reviewer, he's been bought out.
Seems that newspapers don't think there is a need for this sort of thing, so I have a feeling the hard copy world is safe from any *paid* cil reviews!

Old 12-21-2007, 06:44 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,124,664 times
That's a pity, the loss of paper reviews. I still prefer them, although when listening to our local public radio station, they do a reasonable job.

But, in any case, I'd buy a paper to read your reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
hah
Thanks for the compliment, OTR.
I really know nothing at all about filmmaking--I just know what works for me as a viewer.
The Jacksonville paper just "restructured" their film critic out of his original job, and I recently learned that the same thing happened to my favorite Denver reviewer, he's been bought out.
Seems that newspapers don't think there is a need for this sort of thing, so I have a feeling the hard copy world is safe from any *paid* cil reviews!

Old 12-21-2007, 10:27 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,385,735 times
Anyone remember Seth Rogen from the terribly underrated TV show: Freaks and Geeks?
Rogen and his mentor, Judd Apatow, are the wave of the future of comedy in Hollywood.
Hilarious!

Old 12-21-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Anyone remember Seth Rogen from the terribly underrated TV show: Freaks and Geeks?
Rogen and his mentor, Judd Apatow, are the wave of the future of comedy in Hollywood.
Hilarious!
Great show.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:18 AM

520 posts, read 1,854,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Hilarious!
Those guys are hilarious! Freaks and Geeks was great!

I think Michael Cera did a good job in Superbad as well. He played sort of the same character as in Arrested Development. Arrested Development is one of my favorite shows.

To the OP: You're nuts!! Superbad was awesome. I think that type of humor can turn a lot of people off but I thought it was hilarious. I understand how it could be seen as stupid. I actually agree that it was stupid.... stupidly HILARIOUS! (whatever that means...)

Old 12-21-2007, 11:46 AM

578 posts, read 3,063,577 times
I thought it was an ok film but the main guy Seth I think his name was he irritated me through most of the film but I thought the other 2 were much funnier especially the guy who shacks up with the cops, can't remember the names.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
I thought it was an ok film but the main guy Seth I think his name was he irritated me through most of the film but I thought the other 2 were much funnier especially the guy who shacks up with the cops, can't remember the names.
McLovin!
And I agree with you, I preferred Michael Cera and McLovin, even though the cop schtick was ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies