Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2016, 03:01 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I would hardly credit that to Snyder. Superman was a Messiah figure from the beginning. No accident, considering he was created by a couple of Jewish kids.
A couple of Jewish kids made a Christ figure? And Snyder also made Batman Jesus in this movie. Because he's stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
That's just the first question.

I'm glad you're enjoying your hate-on, Mordy.
Just for the record, I don't enjoy these movies sucking. I want them to be good. I love DC.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:31 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,618,718 times
Not everybody thinks these movies suck.

For example, we both think Green Lantern sucks, but some people do like that film.

You think BvS sucks. I think it's awesome.

Vive la différence!

Old 04-04-2016, 06:45 PM

Some people legitimately think 'The Room' is a good movie. So what?

Old 04-04-2016, 07:16 PM

I haven't seen it.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:01 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
I don't know too big to fail. They will push forward just like the Divergent series because that is easier than stopping. Especially after Deadpool they all must be thinking we just have to get a minor tweak right and our grandchildren will never have to work a day of their lives.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I don't know too big to fail. They will push forward just like the Divergent series because that is easier than stopping. Especially after Deadpool they all must be thinking we just have to get a minor tweak right and our grandchildren will never have to work a day of their lives.
Getting from BvS to Deadpool will take a hell of a lot more than a "minor tweak." They'll need to initiate some sort of creative oversight like Marvel has, replace Snyder with someone competent, and totally rethink what they want to do with these movies.
They would have to do something huge to bring back the fans they lost with BvS, like doing 'The Killing Joke' as a prequel to BvS to explain why Batman is alone and why he kills people now.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:24 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
I hate to say it because I loved it but Batman V. Superman is a bomb. It went from a 166m first weekend to a 55m second weekend. That's a HUGE drop, nearly a 70% drop. I seriously worry about DC hearing this now as this could be a hit for them just with the domestic promotion and lack of return. FYI, I do have it on pre-order and really hope to see it again this week.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I hate to say it because I loved it but Batman V. Superman is a bomb. It went from a 166m first weekend to a 55m second weekend. That's a HUGE drop, nearly a 70% drop. I seriously worry about DC hearing this now as this could be a hit for them just with the domestic promotion and lack of return. FYI, I do have it on pre-order and really hope to see it again this week.
The DCEU's still going. Fox didn't cancel the X-franchise when First Class and DoFP finished at a cume loss. DoFP was around $375 million after marketing, it made 234 million domestic (took 3 weeks to even hit 200m) and nearly 748 million worldwide. Most of the money came from overseas. For some reason, it didn't resonate with US audiences they way they expected it to. That movie had everyone except Howard the Duck in it, too!

Old 04-05-2016, 10:14 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
The DCEU's still going. Fox didn't cancel the X-franchise when First Class and DoFP finished at a cume loss. DoFP was around $375 million after marketing, it made 234 million domestic (took 3 weeks to even hit 200m) and nearly 748 million worldwide. Most of the money came from overseas. For some reason, it didn't resonate with US audiences they way they expected it to. That movie had everyone except Howard the Duck in it, too!
I don't know what you have against X-Men but they were as successful as Man of Steel was considering the percentage of return on box office. Batman V. Superman is another movie (following Man of Steel) to be a big budget movie that needed to rely on merchandise and home release to turn a profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies