Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 06:59 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,139,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
I liked it. It's not the best of the series, but it was good enough. I felt they should have ended the series after Ultimatum. That was probably the best way to wrap up something like this. If they want to keep the series going, they need to shake up the story and get away from taking down another black ops program.
I still don't see how the black op which started out as super soldiers with zero concern for collateral damage morphs into a backdoor on Facebook that the CIA could access is considered a straight line.

We went from Jason Borne having 32 missions and we want him at 50 years old
Spoiler
(while the franchised aged a 35 year old Julia Stiles/Nicky out permanently)
back to his predecessor killing hundreds while trying to escape in Las Vegas and it seems that every city in the world has CIA teams ready to kill anyone with a phone call.

The plot aside the movie was a nice action ride, just like the latest Star Trek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 03:33 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,614,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
What bother me the most is the CIA being able to hack into ANY camera in the world. This reminds me of the tv series CSI. They can enhance a blurry pixelated picture into HD quaility. Lol
That is indeed one of the funniest aspects of those NCIS & CSI shows!

Old 01-24-2017, 09:45 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,815,856 times
I saw it the other day at home. I generally liked it. I like Matt Damon as Jason Bourne, but moreover, I just love the Bourne character. And I think his fight scenes are always pretty awesome.

My thoughts - most of which are critiques, keeping in mind that overall, I enjoyed the movie:

1) I really like Julia Stiles, and I think it's a bummer that Nicky Parsons was killed off, just as she finally got a good hairstyle. RIP Nicky Parsons - I'll Save the Last Dance for you.

2) Alicia Vikander was miscast, but worse, her part was very badly written:
a. In her first field op, she manages to lose four agents, and it turns out there was a second op going on behind her back that she wasn't remotely aware of - showing how naive and inexperienced she was, yet she later thinks she can be the CIA Director (more on that below).

b. She's like a sitting duck during the presentation (with the CEO of Deep Dream) - she knows
something is up but has no idea what it is, and no real clue that her life is in danger. If Bourne hadn't come along at the last second, she'd be dead (along with the CEO).

c. She thinks that the way to become CIA Director is to threaten to give all her knowledge of US Security over to international organizations? In real life, I'm not sure she would have been let out of the car - and if she was, I imagine she wouldn't have made it very far.

d. She was just too young. Mid-twenties at most (looked like early twenties) - she looked too young to have gone to school with the CEO, and there's no way that someone of that age would even be in the running to be Director of the CIA.

3) Why in the world would the Hacker (Dassault) try to fight Bourne? That doesn't make any sense. He apparently knew all about Bourne, but thought he could actually win in a fight against him? I also don't understand his motivation for trying to take him down.

So, OK, lots of complaints (and I know I'm late to the party, since this film came out last year), but overall, I did still think it was fun to watch. And I really like Matt Damon, Julia Stiles, and Vincent Cassel, so it's nice to see them all in the same movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies