Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2019, 05:44 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,261,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Brilliant - obviously a clear and necessary fit with the Terminator time line.
The new Terminator design does look interesting but its getting a little old to see the same one bad Terminator (although basically 2 in 1) hunting the good guys routine. Why wouldn't they send multiple terminators out to hunt the good guys? Hopefully there are battles involving multiple terminators at some point.

POTENTIAL SPOILER

I am a little concerned that they might be killing off John Connor. I grew up on the first two Terminator movies (the two best IMO) and I would hate to see them just destroy the timeline of John and even Sarah Connor as unimportant with the addition of this movie. If that is the case, and I would be surprised if James Cameron would sanction it, it would take off some of the luster off the entire series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 05:21 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,712,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
OP must feel threatened by strong women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yep.

No amount of Arnold Schwarzenegger, The Rock, Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Harrison Ford, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Vin Diesel, Liam Neeson, Sylvester Stallone, or everyone who has ever played James Bond doing things that violate every principle of human physiology (to say nothing of the laws of physics) will make him so much as bat an eye.

But a woman does something physically impossible onscreen?

He has a meltdown.

Old 10-24-2019, 01:40 PM

512 posts, read 321,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
Every Terminator sequel is just T2 over and over.
Bingo.
I have not watched Terminator: Genysis or Terminator: Salvation, but I did watch Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, and it was pretty much a T2 remake (the difference was that the evil terminator was shaped like a female). And based on the trailers for the new film, it looks like yet another T2 remake, but with an evil terminator whose outer shell resembles a Latino man, a Latina stand-in for Linda Hamilton (as seen in the first Terminator) and a female-stand in for both Arnold and Linda Hamilton as seen in T2.

ETA: to clarify, I was just stating facts; I most certainly have no problem with Hollywood blockbusters integrating more characters of diverse sexualities, gender identities, ethnicities and national origins into their stories. In fact I WANT MORE of that. I loved Black Panther and Wonder Woman is literally my all-time favorite big-budget Hollywood film. Oh, and I enjoyed the Melissa McCarthy/Leslie Jones/Kristen Wiig/Kate McKinnon Ghostbusters from three years ago as well as Oceans Eight; I don't mind gender or race-swapped remakes/reimaginings/reboots of established properties at all, as long as they entertain me (and those films all entertained me).
And I look forward to the very first Hollywood superhero blockbuster starring an all-Asian cast, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

However, I do have a problem with Hollywood franchises regurgitating a story time an again when it is very evident that there is no more story left.

That is the problem with the Terminator franchise; there is no more story to this tale.
Stop making T2 remakes and peddling them as new films.
Just stick a fork in it.

PS: I am still not sure of what the OP meant by LGBT300. This new Terminator film has nothing to do with LGBT characters (human, robotic, or whatever)...
Maybe it was sarcasm, but still doesn't make sense with his complaints.

Last edited by Oramasfella; 10-24-2019 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: Clarifying...

Old 10-24-2019, 02:03 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,092,718 times
This movie already has bad reviews.

It has been done. T3 had a woman Terminator that was superior than the T-1000 but somehow the T-800 beat it.

Now, this one has a super Terminator and the upgraded human somehow destroys it. Sarah Conner looks old as hell. Not sure why a T800 would have aging skin?? Now you have a hobbit sized Latina John Conner. This movie is all over the place. It's trying to check every box.

This could have made sense if the movie was released maybe 3 to 5 years after the release of T2 with the original cast:

T-1 and T-2 were classics. Everything afterwards has been a disaster story-line wise.

Please stop it!

Old 10-24-2019, 02:06 PM

512 posts, read 321,852 times
For those who have seen it: is there an in-narrative explanation for Arnold's robot character's outer shell to have "aged" just like a human would?

Old 10-24-2019, 02:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Well, heck, Bat Woman, sleeps with the blonde she just met this Sunday - so whassup with the new Terminator opening Nov1, '19.
All I see is wrinkles on only a 63 yr old face - smoking? Tho, Linda/Sarah is still gorgeous.
Did she lose all her weight for this film - or before this, I wonder.
On topic - this all sounds pretty gay, right?

Old 10-25-2019, 08:32 AM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
This movie already has bad reviews.
Where?

All the reviews I'm seeing pretty much sum it up as: "Not great. Not original. But by far the best T-movie since T2. Linda Hamilton again makes the movie."

Old 10-25-2019, 11:27 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,092,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Where?

All the reviews I'm seeing pretty much sum it up as: "Not great. Not original. But by far the best T-movie since T2. Linda Hamilton again makes the movie."
BBC - Culture - Terminator Dark Fate review: Please terminate this franchise

https://slate.com/culture/2019/10/te...-hamilton.html

Old 10-31-2019, 08:47 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,240,833 times
Very good movie

Old 10-31-2019, 08:48 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,240,833 times
5/5 stars amazing wow enjoyed every second
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies