Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2019, 01:15 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,067,385 times

Advertisements

The movie was actually quite funny so I give it a pass on the laughs and gags level. I haven't laughed quite as hard in a long time, and comedies today, are usually just too stupid, but this movie knew the difference between stupid and stupid genius if that make sense. I question whether or not the movie needed this much nudity or profanity, especially for a teen comedy, but maybe it added to it?

The one thing in the movie that I have mixed feelings about is that the movie tries to have a message, when I don't know if it should have. Basically the message, being is what one character said in the movie, that “How do you expect society to treat women as equals if their own parents won’t?”

But since the movie was trying to be a female version of American Pie, and Superbad, I don't think it needed to have a message like that. American Pie and Superbad didn't have messages attached to them, they were just raunchy comedies, and they just left it at that. I feel like if the movie focused on male teenage characters it wouldn't have a message, so did they feel the need to attach one here, because they felt the teenagers were women this time?

But other than that I thought it was really funny, and a pretty good, but perhaps not great comedy. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies