Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 12:03 PM

23,020 posts, read 28,498,766 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=zqUopiAYdRg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 11:26 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,751,203 times
I loved both It movies, the old one and the new one, but Im confused by the trailer for the sequel, it looks like they are going to go down the road of 'Pennywise' being a human at one point, if that is true, its a major deviation from the book and the original movie.

I really hope Im wrong, but I dont think I am from that trailer.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=xhJ5P7Up3jA

Old 07-19-2019, 03:16 AM

343 posts, read 357,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I loved both It movies, the old one and the new one, but Im confused by the trailer for the sequel, it looks like they are going to go down the road of 'Pennywise' being a human at one point, if that is true, its a major deviation from the book and the original movie.

I really hope Im wrong, but I dont think I am from that trailer.
It sort of looks that way at times in both trailers. Specifically the makeup removal scene and the weird blurb about the old woman's father (Grandfather?) being in the circus.

But then that creates some weird contradictions to what we have seen so far. the fight at teh end of the first chapter shows the clown shapeshifting, showing the deadlights to Beverly, and the weird little trip with his head coming apart as he says 'fear' and drops into the sewer.

I don't know, maybe he was human and then he gets possessed by a cosmic demon. Just having some simple ghost BS won't cut it for all the magic and shapeshifting that IT does.

I'm just hoping that the circus comment is a throwaway line and the section of the trailer with the makeup removal is just another scare scene meant to traumatize one of the Loser's.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylentvoyce View Post
I don't know, maybe he was human and then he gets possessed by a cosmic demon. Just having some simple ghost BS won't cut it for all the magic and shapeshifting that IT does.
Well, if they are following the book at all (and it looks like they are to a great deal) ...

Spoiler
Pennywise is literally an alien. His true form is rather spider-like. But since he feeds on fear, he appears to his victim as whatever they are most afraid of --- a clown, a zombie, the mummy, the wolfman, Rodan, etc.

So no, he isn't human. But he might have first appeared as a clown at a circus because that's what some kid was most afraid of.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:17 AM

24,510 posts, read 23,228,838 times
Not the least bit scary. Maybe it's that this Pennywise is a rip off of "Syndrome" from "The Incredibles", he's too geeky and goofy. But there wasn't much there to scare anyone. The clips were ... meh. The original Pennywise was sometimes comical but still menacing.
The story is that this entity hid behind a clown face because it could use that to lure children and then use a clown's dual nature to also terrify them. Okay. But this time it seems to try very hard to creep them out with an otherwise unimpressive odd appearance and only becomes terrifying when it transforms.
Pennywise was once human? Yikes, start watching the Podestas in that case.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:47 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,751,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Well, if they are following the book at all (and it looks like they are to a great deal) ...

Spoiler
Pennywise is literally an alien. His true form is rather spider-like. But since he feeds on fear, he appears to his victim as whatever they are most afraid of --- a clown, a zombie, the mummy, the wolfman, Rodan, etc.

So no, he isn't human. But he might have first appeared as a clown at a circus because that's what some kid was most afraid of.
I do hope they show his true form at the end of the new one, I didnt find the spider creature to be all that scary. I also hope they go into the whole 27 year rest period thing too, the first one really didnt get into that too much.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:01 PM

343 posts, read 357,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

Spoiler

Hopefully that's the case. I'm familiar with the source material as well.

There was some rumors that the filmmakers were going to try to 'humanize' the character at some point after the first trailer released.

It was and still is a total rumor with no foundation in fact, but it was enough to cast some doubt with fans.

Keep the magical eldritch being intact and it will be all good.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:43 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,959,177 times
I thought the original TV movie captured the feel of the novel pretty well. It even looked like the way I pictured it from reading in many scenes. But I wish that a bigger budget movie had been made around that time.

The first cinematic one wasn't bad. It (aka "IT") didn't really seem that much like the novel though. It didn't really capture the sense of dread that was more in the original TV version.

Old 07-27-2019, 05:57 PM

29,567 posts, read 22,955,248 times
I enjoyed the original very much and looking forward to this one.

The second part is a bladder bursting 2 hours, 45 minutes (with previews, it should be close to three hours).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies