Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 12:00 AM

946 posts, read 566,826 times

Advertisements

His routine is waaaaaaay too out there and grating. He's like the kid at a party who is making a joke a minute, and thinks he is funny but is wrong.

He did that Jumanji remake with Jack Black. Jack Black wouldn't have to utter a single line of dialogue, and he would still be funnier than Kevin Hart.

What say you, CD people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2020, 12:05 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
He's ok. I don't care for many stand up comedians but I've liked him the the few movies i've seen him in, including Jumanji.

Old 02-26-2020, 12:07 AM

8,500 posts, read 4,744,511 times
I have a hard time with comedians. The vast majority don’t amuse me. If you don’t like him, I kinda understand.

That said, they serve a function, which is to push us all to see things differently than we might do on our own. Perhaps he merits a second watch or listen.

Old 02-26-2020, 04:43 AM

1,386 posts, read 999,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
What say you, CD people?
Different strokes. He's not my favorite. But I've seen his stand up and he makes me laugh. So, am I wrong for thinking he's funny? You don't find Kevin Hart funny. That doesn't mean he "is not funny." I'm sure you like comedians that I don't particularly care for. That doesn't make you wrong. I suggest you avoid Kevin Hart movies in the future.....

You know who surprised me recently? Joe Rogan. The Fear Factor, podcast, dope smoking, UFC commentator guy. I knew he did stand up, but I didn't realize he was as funny as he is. I watched his most recent show on Netflix and I laughed my ass off. I mean, can't catch your breath, beer flying out of the nose funny.

--

Old 02-26-2020, 06:45 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
I liked him ok in Jumanji but outside of that, no great shakes. Although admittedly, I haven't seen too much of him. And if his stand up act is crude, I won't. I started turning off comedians that rely on dropping f bombs and political commentary to garner laughs long ago.

Old 02-26-2020, 07:08 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
I thought Kevin Hart's first stand-up special was really good. Every one since has been unwatchable. I don't mind crass humor if there is a point to it, but Hart is just gross more often than not.

The only movies of his I've seen were the first JUMANJI sequel, in which I thought he was really great; one of the standout performances of a really great movie, and CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE, which was okay. The movie itself wasn't all that great, so it's hard to judge.

I haven't seen any of his other movies.

Old 02-26-2020, 07:30 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Lol, yeah he used to be funny... Sold out to Hollywood, tho. What a shame...

The only movies I've seen him in are Paper Soldiers and Scary Movie 3

Old 02-26-2020, 11:31 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
With comedians I think there's a tendency to either like them or not. And I like Kevin Hart...a lot. Others don't.

I do agree with Mark -- his standups have gotten more gross. He crossed the line with me when he started joking about his daughter's period. Not something I want to hear about, and I no longer buy his standup DVDs.

As far as selling out to Hollywood...I know...such a shame to want to be wealthy.

Old 02-26-2020, 01:47 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I think he's actually a better actor than he is a comedian. I like some of his stand up stuff, but in general I find his fame for standup to be pretty disproportionate to how funny I think he is. I mean his bits he does is amusing, but just not that amusing, certainly not for his fame level.

Guys like Chappelle, Rock, Gervais and a few others are cleary cleary much more talented and funnier, at least to me. LOL.

Old 02-26-2020, 05:44 PM

12,774 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Never saw his stand-up, but I feel neutral about him. Don't hate him, don't love him.

The one(s) I never cared for is:

DL Hughley
Steve Harvey
Cedric the Entertainer
David Corolla
Seinfeld
Melissa McCarthy
George Lopez - he might have his moments, but eh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies