Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 03:54 PM

968 posts, read 577,931 times

Advertisements

I didn't dislike Dark Fate, but for a Terminator movie it was unsatisfying and not really memorable. It was cool bringing Linda Hamilton back, but they didn't give her anything to do.

T3 felt like a proper Terminator movie, Arnold had adequate screen time and a sense of humor to go with the action.

At this point, we've seen every possible fate of what could happen to John Connor.

Which did you prefer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2020, 04:00 PM

19,755 posts, read 20,308,897 times
The first was best to me, hands down. I loved the 2nd too.

I did not enjoy the 3rd one at all, so I gave up watching any more after that.

Old 01-22-2020, 04:25 PM

17,652 posts, read 15,346,122 times
Meh to both.

Part of the problem is.. I don't think you can top #2.. And.. That's what they keep trying to do.

Honestly, I'll take The Sarah Conner Chronicles over anything past 1 and 2.

Old 01-22-2020, 05:31 PM

22,943 posts, read 28,335,617 times

Old 10-09-2020, 11:13 PM

3,750 posts, read 2,581,822 times
Just watched Dark Fate on Hulu. I thought it was ok.. basically a nostalgic continuation/reboot of T2.

I did think the opening scene, where they did a CGI-type age regression of Arnold & Linda Hamilton was sick. They did a perfect job melding their early 90s heads on other actors' bodies. It was perfect, I'm eager to see more of this in future movie making..

I don't even remember the plot of Terminator 3 ~

Old 10-10-2020, 07:41 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,165,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
I didn't dislike Dark Fate, but for a Terminator movie it was unsatisfying and not really memorable. It was cool bringing Linda Hamilton back, but they didn't give her anything to do.

T3 felt like a proper Terminator movie, Arnold had adequate screen time and a sense of humor to go with the action.

At this point, we've seen every possible fate of what could happen to John Connor.

Which did you prefer?
Dark Fate was a "Woke" BS-fest that just...didn't...work. I had high hopes and paid money to see it, and while no regrets neither was it a 'great' film, just average IMO. I have nothing against an all-female, rear-kicking cast...but that was a bit over the top. Ahhhhnold did a tolerable job in a bit role, though sometimes seemed to be phoning it in, too. He's probably done enough, over a storied career in bodybuilding, acting, and as Governor.

I for one liked T3, which came out 2003 as I recall. The two leads were good, if not great, and Nick Stahl is 1/4 as charismatic as the young Ed Furlong. Claire Danes hit her true stride later, in 'Homeland' which is brilliant. (RE earlier: Ed Furlong got into substances at some point post-T2, and become a dirtbag in real life. He literally threw away decades of promising work in acting and millions of $, but we make our own choices. He played a dirtbag in a pitch-black, apocalyptic film I saw a year or so ago, the name escapes me, but he did play that well with the same dark charisma he showed back in '91, minus the "innocence lost" part.

The villain of T3 was played well enough, and was interesting. The effects were the bomb, some practical vs. CGI: much of the work with the crane early-on was all stunts, and they busted up at least one crane-truck in the process. Not easy to come by, those things, but they say stunts like that never *quite* go as-planned. That sequence, maybe 15 min from departing the pet clinic to the great escape by the heroes in a Toyota Tundra(!), is some of the most stunning practical stunt work I've ever seen in film, period. Right in there with the best of Chris Nolan's work, and/or the Wachowski's in "Matrix 2," that whole freeway montage mid-film.

I hope most or all readers have seen T3 by this time, but in case not:

Spoiler
T3 ended on an interesting, pitch-dark 'twist' with "John Connor" and his future wife holed up in a nuclear bunker while the world burned. That seemed to fit well within the mythos. The montages leading to that point were no more silly / coincidental than other action film, and Ahhhnold had plenty to do as a front-and-center part of the film. In his heyday, his charisma as an actor almost always stole the show, from T2-onward at-least. I fail to see what's not to like.

Old 10-10-2020, 12:24 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,740,295 times
I actually liked both.

Dark Fate had a more intriguing storyline to me. Its terrible box office returns pretty much killed off any future Terminator movies though.

Old 10-11-2020, 03:26 PM

22,943 posts, read 28,335,617 times
I still haven't seen DARK FATE. I hated T3.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:07 PM

518 posts, read 403,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post

Which did you prefer?
I liked Dark Fate....but T3 was good. I liked how the movie ended. With Dark Fate, Cameron tried to hard to reboot a franchise by formula and it was too predictable and too CGI focused...The Terminator was still the best film....Terminator 2: Judgement Day was the best movie

Old 10-13-2020, 04:27 PM

3,346 posts, read 2,211,627 times
Both were good. Just watched DF last night (It's on Hulu, folks.) Liked Linda Hamilton's performance. But I was also a big Nick Stahl fan, mainly from Carnivale, until he ran his life and career off the rails.

Overall, I'll take Dark Fate as the official Terminator trilogy-ender. But the twist to T3 is a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies