Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2023, 01:24 PM

1,542 posts, read 868,483 times

Advertisements

Anybody seeing it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2023, 01:37 PM

501 posts, read 197,095 times
I plan to, but not sure if I'll go this weekend. The trailer was great, but sort of misleading (they took a page from Marvel, I guess).

Old 06-15-2023, 02:24 PM

22,917 posts, read 28,260,195 times
I'll wait for it to hit streaming. I'm curious but not particularly excited.

The whole "multiverse" concept is way past its sell-by date for me. It's just an excuse for filmmakers to throw anything and everything they want into a movie. You know it's only a matter of time before Disney actually makes this movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBhNkywMJY

Old 06-15-2023, 03:33 PM

29,511 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Default Spoiler alert

‘The Flash’s ‘evil, disrespectful’ cameo represents everything wrong with superhero movies in 2023

Quote:
Once superhero filmmakers realized that alternate universes were a perfect tool for nostalgic fanservice bull****, all bets were off. It was only a matter of time before they unleashed something as ghoulish as a deepfake Christopher Reeve in The Flash.

In the midst of overlapping Hollywood trends for vintage cast reunions (The Force Awakens; Jurassic World Dominion), creepy CGI recreations of dead or aging actors (young Luke and Leia in Star Wars; Egon in Ghostbusters: Afterlife), and multi-franchise crossovers (Spider-Man: No Way Home), The Flash delivers the most jarring stunt-casting of all: A CG resurrection of Christopher Reeve’s Superman.

This cameo has long been rumored in DC fandom, mostly discussed in enthusiastic tones. But when leaks revealed Reeve’s scene to a wider audience this week, it provoked widespread disgust. Already pulled from Twitter due to a copyright claim, the clip was labeled “evil,” “grotesque,” “disrespectful,” “anti-art,” and “digital necromancy.”

Old 06-15-2023, 11:16 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,936,058 times
They also did this in the Arrowverse with Brandon Routh's Superman and Tom Welling Superman. And Brandon Routh already plays a different character in the Arrowverse.

Old 06-16-2023, 06:15 AM

61 posts, read 45,381 times
I waited for HBO Max to start streaming Shazam 2, and didn't feel like I was missing anything... I think I'll do the same for The Flash, I really doubt its plot can surprise me at all as I've read The Flashpoint comic...

Old 06-17-2023, 04:31 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,080,376 times
It's pretty much like Flashpoint without superman. The animated version of Flashpoint is superior to this movie.

Old 06-17-2023, 05:34 AM

1,542 posts, read 868,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The animated version of Flashpoint is superior to this movie.
I dislike that film a lot. Pretty much lousy fan service with subpar dialogue and characters tearing apart each other.

Old 06-19-2023, 09:20 AM

22,917 posts, read 28,260,195 times
My favorite line from a critic's review: "Two hours of creative diarrhea!"

Old 06-19-2023, 11:09 AM

735 posts, read 1,170,456 times
I saw the film in theaters this weekend. I felt it was just okay, but flawed. I had the same reaction to Black Adam last fall. The amount of cameos in the film seemed to tell the viewer that this was the swan song for the Synderverse.

Additional Thoughts:

After hearing that this was the third bomb in a string of DC movie bombs, I BELIEVE the forth coming Blue Beetle and Aqua-man 2 movies will also bomb. Suffice to say that the DC cinematic universe is done. You can stick a fork in it.

I think going forward if I want my DC fix it will be via their animated cinematic universe- that division is knocking it out of the park.

As for The Flash movie, it was in production hell for a long time and it shows. If the DC brass knew what they know now would they have reverted back to one of the previous draft of the script where the justice league characters reunited?

Further, the movie's story has already been done on the CW's Flash series which just concluded a nine season run (during the second season). If memory serves- the tv series couldn't do the story-line justice either.

I also liked Grant Gustin's portrayal of The Flash much more than Ezra Miller's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies