Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:52 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,281,777 times

Advertisements

Pink is for girls, blue is for ...

Could you even get into a theater nowadays with all the needed paraphernalia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 10:51 AM

2,743 posts, read 14,303,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie713 View Post
Well, I now google this remake, and it is starring a British actor Russell Brand (he came out in the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall). I never saw it so I don't know about him, but I did goggle him too, and he looks like he could play the part. Hes got a sort of look about himself.
However, I still think there is just no way to replace Tim Curry. Now-a-days when I watch it, I laugh so hard watching him do Sweet Transvestite. I laugh at him throughout most of the movie. I always wondered what he thinks of himself when he watches himself on it. LOL..... It is truly a classic...I am so sad to hear that greedy hands are going to attempt to remake it.
Just curious what do you think is an appropiate age? I am not even sure what age I was when I first saw. I think I was 16/17. I do know that at 17, I was watching it a few times a month at the midnight movies. Oh..how I love it! I never did the acting thing on the stage in front on the movie, I did however make sure I went in with all necessary supplies, (water guns, rice, newspapers, lighters,toilet paper, toast, etc...) LOL...the memories. The last time I saw it in the movies, was about 14 yrs ago, when I moved to Charlotte. There was this place on Independence, which showed it, and you could have dinner (munchies & beer) and watch it. It was great! Since than I have only seen it on tv, or on dvd.

I was probably 16.

My son (now 16 himself) actually first saw the RHPS video when he was very young... about 4. It was a HEAVILY edited version though. I edited a recorded copy to make it appropriate. He called it "The Lip Movie" and watched it over and over. He was doing the Time Warp with me at age 4 and of course now he's seen the unedited version... my 10 year old has not seen more than Youtube song clips though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies