Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 07:36 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,261,325 times

Advertisements

"lyin? what are ya gonna do when somebody comes to collect? hmm? ya gonna hump 'em? YA GONNA HUMP 'EM A THOUSAND TIMES?!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 07:45 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
Russell Crowe - Cinderella Man:
"I have to believe that when things are bad I can change them.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:55 PM

253 posts, read 201,802 times
"Are you going to stand there like a slab of meat with mittens or are you going to help me?"--Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:55 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,549,390 times
2 different scenes... it's mostly the accent I enjoy...

"...squash you like woooorrrrrum!"

"In the morrow!"

Braveheart

Old 07-27-2011, 12:56 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,674,794 times
Full Metal Jacket

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle. It is your killer instinct which must be harnessed if you expect to survive in combat. Your rifle is only a tool. It is a hard heart that kills. If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth. You will not kill. You will become dead Marines. And then you will be in a world of ****. Because Marines are not allowed to die without permission! Do you maggots understand?

Old 08-24-2013, 05:15 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,484,481 times
Default What's Your Favorite Line from a Movie?

I'm watching Love Birds on Netflix, from New Zealand. It's about a guy who adopts an injured duck that won't fly even after it's healed - and the guy who adopts the duck is afraid of flying, and the vet says the cure is to fly with the duck...hence, a stale mate, it's a romantic comedy. Kind of along the same comedy style as Danny Deckchair, an Australian movie.

Anyway, I thought this line was hilarious, from a woman scorned, delivered as the ultimate insult:

"You're just some bloke who's too scared to fly with a duck that can't!"

I know, you had to be there, LOL!

What's your favorite movie line?

Old 08-24-2013, 07:09 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,138,435 times
these aren't the droids you're looking for.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:42 AM

7,121 posts, read 5,229,006 times
"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" ~ "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope"

"Laurel is not at her best through mahogany." ~ of an eavesdropping teen in "The Chalk Garden"

I am such a procrastinator, perhaps only outmatched by my father (long gone at far too young an age). We loved Scarlett's lines from "Gone with the Wind":
"I'll think about that tomorrow. ... After all, tomorrow is another day."

I collect quotations, so it's difficult to choose. My present quotation at the top of the page is by Katharine Hepburn in "The Madwoman of Chailot":
"She can't be that innocent. She keeps canaries."

My mom isn't a movie fan, but she has favorite quotations. A couple of them are:
"Don't get pushy, pushy." ~ Gertie to the dog in "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial"

"Don't let them torture you, Gertie." "I won't, Mary." ~ Mom and daughter in "E.T." // When I used to come home to check the mail and get some quiet time, we'd always repeat this exchange when I was on my way back to work, where I had one of the most hateful, inhuman supervisors, a man who still features in many of my nightmares after a number of years.

"Who the hell is that?!" ~ Norman's (Henry Fonda) repeated question as he looks at pictures of himself in "On Golden Pond" (It's especially funny because Mom doesn't use swear words.)

Old 08-25-2013, 03:19 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,426,002 times
"Don't torture yourself Gomez, that's my job."
"They say she danced naked in the town square and enslaved a minister! But, don't worry, we told Wednesday "college first."

The Addams Family of course. Did Angelica Huston ever look more divine......

Old 08-25-2013, 07:25 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,138,435 times
get off my lawn.

great big gobs of greasy, grimy gopher guts. how about a nice, cool drink, varmints?

what business is it of yours where i'm from, friendo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies