Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 05:50 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,735,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
"Cyrano de Bergerac". I can't imagine any movie more romantic than that ever being made...
I watched this movie and thought it was NOT romantic at all. It was a beautifully made movie though, but the end frustrated the heck out of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 01:05 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,731 times
Ok, heres my list, my honest, unbias, and without fear of attack list:

Rocky--believe it or not Rocky was a love story as well as a boxing story.

Reality Bites

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Ahh, Im gonna lose some Male rep points for this one but..The Notebook, Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman, Brokeback Mountain, from here to eternity and good will hunting

Old 12-29-2008, 08:27 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,027,041 times
You've Got Mail

Old 12-29-2008, 09:26 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexie View Post
Yes it was a story based on a real incident, according to a documentary I saw, uhm, long ago, she helped them with the details, and the girl is supposed to be her.

You do know the Titanic incident as real, don't you?
Why, yes, I do, and please show me a link to this 'documentary' that says the 'Rose Dawson' storyline is anything but a complete fabrication LOL.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:52 PM

1,813 posts, read 2,847,281 times
I'm going to vote for Bed of Roses. I am not crazy about Christian Slater, but I love this movie anyway. The music is so soft and sweet and thoughtful. The fact that she's been through a hard time and then gets together with him is so great. There is snow, there is rain, there are tons of flowers. He makes her tea. He has a garden on the roof of his apartment. He has a little fake solar system at his place. Just a soft-hearted guy.

Titanic gets points for the scene when he paints her, and the scene when they're in the car together and there is serious steam.

I love the scene in Just like Heaven when they are in bed together and he wants her to be real. Wow.

I also give serious points to the ending of 13 Going on 30 when they are living in the house that looks just like the dollhouse he made for her when they were kids. I love the part where their moving boxes are all over the yard and they're sitting on I think a couch in the middle of it, looking around, like aaaahhhh, this is the life we always wanted and now it's ours. So sweet!

Old 12-30-2008, 08:06 AM

40 posts, read 73,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeiknow View Post
I also give serious points to the ending of 13 Going on 30 when they are living in the house that looks just like the dollhouse he made for her when they were kids. I love the part where their moving boxes are all over the yard and they're sitting on I think a couch in the middle of it, looking around, like aaaahhhh, this is the life we always wanted and now it's ours. So sweet!
I saw that one just because i was curious about jenifer garner in a romantic comedy.. although it's not a great movie, i agree with the happy ending. I liked the ost.

I posted here before my top romantic movies, but didn't mention any "romantic comedy" so:

- Serendipity
- Juno

Old 12-30-2008, 08:56 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,579,660 times
I love romantic movies. I like the sweeping period romances myself. My favorite and most romantic pick is A Room With A View! Gorgeous people, gorgeous scenery, brilliant dialogue, perfect score. Perfection!

I also find most of Frank Capra's Romances to be very cuddly in nature...Mr Smith Goes to Washington, Meet John Doe, Mr Deeds Goes To Town, It's a Wonderful Life, You Can't Take It With You...sigh.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:45 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
I love romantic movies. I like the sweeping period romances myself. My favorite and most romantic pick is A Room With A View! Gorgeous people, gorgeous scenery, brilliant dialogue, perfect score. Perfection!

I also find most of Frank Capra's Romances to be very cuddly in nature...Mr Smith Goes to Washington, Meet John Doe, Mr Deeds Goes To Town, It's a Wonderful Life, You Can't Take It With You...sigh.
Alice, I love your choices...the common thread to me is that a woman in the s/l recognizes the inherent goodness and decency in the protagonist and reacts to it...undeniably romantic!

Old 01-01-2009, 06:01 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,936,117 times
The kiss at the door scene in Jerry Maguire was pretty sweet.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:51 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,813,684 times
No one has mentioned "Out of Africa" with Meryl Streep and Robert Redford.

"Somewhere In Time"
"Dr. Zhivago"
"Bridges of Madison County"
"Love Actually"
"The Notebook"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies