Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 04:56 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,709,841 times

Advertisements

I think Why Did I Get Married was his best film that I've seen. I haven't seen Daddy's Little Girls (it's on my DVR though) nor The Family That Preys. It's nice to see some of our actresses and actors get some work, I must admit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 01:06 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,372,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I think Why Did I Get Married was his best film that I've seen. I haven't seen Daddy's Little Girls (it's on my DVR though) nor The Family That Preys. It's nice to see some of our actresses and actors get some work, I must admit.
Yeah, it is nice to see them in other roles but I could have done without House of Payne and Meet The Browns sitcoms. I'm looking forward to Madea Goes To Jail though.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:14 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,204,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Yeah, it is nice to see them in other roles but I could have done without House of Payne and Meet The Browns sitcoms. I'm looking forward to Madea Goes To Jail though.
I'm a little worried about Madea Goes to Jail; the plays was just alright imo and plus they used a lot of the storyline in play in the movie "Madea's Family Reunion". Why did I Get Married was his best movie imo.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I'm a little worried about Madea Goes to Jail; the plays was just alright imo and plus they used a lot of the storyline in play in the movie "Madea's Family Reunion". Why did I Get Married was his best movie imo.
I never saw the whole play; I stopped watching shortly after the main male character went to jail and saw Madea but I do remember people saying that the little girl she took home in Family Reunion was part of that play. I loved Why Did I Get Married but The Family That Preys was better

Old 01-31-2009, 02:47 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,783,813 times
I'm surprised by how many people liked Daddy's Little Girls. That's one of my least favorite Tyler Perry movies.
I love Gabrielle Union but I dunno....that wasn't one of her best films.

I can't really get into House of Payne.
<3 "Why Did I Get Married"

I look forward to Madea Goes to Jail.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
I'm surprised by how many people liked Daddy's Little Girls. That's one of my least favorite Tyler Perry movies.
I love Gabrielle Union but I dunno....that wasn't one of her best films.

I can't really get into House of Payne.
<3 "Why Did I Get Married"

I look forward to Madea Goes to Jail.
It wasn't one of my favorites but I liked it. I think I liked the "idea" of the movie and I love Tasha Smith; I normally can't stand black ghetto women but I just love to see her play one. She cracked me up in Why Did I Get Married & ATL. I cannot stand Gabrielle Union - I get soooo tired of her scrunching up her nose when she puts emphasis on words.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:31 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,783,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
It wasn't one of my favorites but I liked it. I think I liked the "idea" of the movie and I love Tasha Smith; I normally can't stand black ghetto women but I just love to see her play one. She cracked me up in Why Did I Get Married & ATL. I cannot stand Gabrielle Union - I get soooo tired of her scrunching up her nose when she puts emphasis on words.
I've never quite noticed her scrunching up her mouth but I will be sure to look out for it now. lol.
The only reason I say The Family That Preys is because Sanaa Lathan was in it. I absolutely loved Something New.

I liked the idea of Daddy's Little Girls too but I felt the acting just really feel short.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
I've never quite noticed her scrunching up her mouth but I will be sure to look out for it now. lol.
The only reason I say The Family That Preys is because Sanaa Lathan was in it. I absolutely loved Something New.

I liked the idea of Daddy's Little Girls too but I felt the acting just really feel short.
Its her nose and mouth; her whole face really. She does it when she's being serious or is angry or just being dramatic - its not so much of a scrunching but it's like she moves her eyebrows way too much and it just makes her facial expressions look so fake. I'm trying to think of a scene...oh in the brothers where he calls her a hoe. She does it then and she does it all through deliver us from Eva and in almost every scene of bring it on. Anyway, I loved Sanaa Lathan in that movie - I hope she does more movies in the future.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:29 PM

727 posts, read 1,890,861 times
I think.......at the end of the day......color does not matter when it comes to art(movies,music,theater etc.) I listen to everything,watch everything......no matter the color of the creator or cast. Thats just me.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,923 times
did trisha campbell martin (who played in my wife and kids and martin) play in madea's family reunion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies