Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:05 AM

3 posts, read 3,898 times

Advertisements

'The Day the earth stood still' i was expecting it to be the best movie of the year!! boy was i wrong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 06:43 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,654,807 times
I will never walk out of the cinema during a film because it's a complete waste of my money and also some films don't pick up for a while and you could end up walking out when actually you might have enjoyed it had you stayed.

The only film I have ever given up on was 'Michael Clayton' which I was watching on tv. I got half way through it, had no idea who anyone was, what they were doing, what their significance was and was generally bored to tears. For the most part I'll see a film through till the end though, no matter how dull I might be finding it.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:49 AM

90 posts, read 210,672 times
Sin City. Ew!!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 07:51 AM

90 posts, read 210,672 times
Also War of the Worlds. Does Tom ever make anything good anymore? Days of Thunder seems to have been his last really good one.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:56 AM

356 posts, read 809,678 times
Master of Digsuise

if anybody else has seen it you know its the worst f--king movie of all time

Old 02-13-2009, 07:59 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,688,341 times
Tropic Thunder - got our money back.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:14 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,554,712 times
Ones I have walked out on...

Devil's Own...Harrison Ford and Brad Pitt....lost a lot of respect for both after that one....never got it back either.

The Beast Within.....just too stupid for words.

Ones I wish I would have....

The last Indiana Jones....just no words....nice ones anyway.
Sideways
All the Lord of the Ring ones....just not my cup of tea but hubby didn't want to go by himself.

Ghost Rider---loved the stuff at the end but just to get to that point was painful.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:00 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,650,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
Ones I have walked out on...

Devil's Own...Harrison Ford and Brad Pitt....lost a lot of respect for both after that one....never got it back either.

The Beast Within.....just too stupid for words.

Ones I wish I would have....

The last Indiana Jones....just no words....nice ones anyway.
Sideways
All the Lord of the Ring ones....just not my cup of tea but hubby didn't want to go by himself.

Ghost Rider---loved the stuff at the end but just to get to that point was painful.

I so agree with you about all the above ( the ones I saw anyway - I never saw "the beast within"or "ghost rider" , just as well by the sound of it !)

I am so glad to finally meet someone who was left feeling underwhelmed by "Lord of the Rings".

As for the Last Indiana Jones I was actually fuming at how bad it was considering the budgets, actors, script-writers and directors. I could not believe how some talented and intelligent people could turn out so much rubbish on such a grand scale. The mind boggles quite frankly.

I really have lost patience with Hollywood films now and most movies I watch are Indie films or Foreign ones. So much better.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:19 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,060,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I am so glad to finally meet someone who was left feeling underwhelmed by "Lord of the Rings".

::raises hand::

By no means did I *dislike* the LOTR series, I actually much preferred them to the wordy books, which themselves could have used more editing.
But all of the LOTR films were way, way too long.
I can't imagine anyone wanting the even longer director's cuts, but I suppose some of the nerdier types can't get enough of this stuff.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:16 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,701,352 times
Hey! thanks for reminding me! I walked out on Michael Clayton also! I was completely lost as well. Not a big George Clooney fan either. But I can tell if I walk out, that I will not enjoy the rest of it, I have to feel pretty confident about walking out and I'm usually right. I have seen 1000's of movies, I'm sure, and to walk out on 10-20 or so, is a pretty conservative number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happynoodleboycey View Post
I will never walk out of the cinema during a film because it's a complete waste of my money and also some films don't pick up for a while and you could end up walking out when actually you might have enjoyed it had you stayed.

The only film I have ever given up on was 'Michael Clayton' which I was watching on tv. I got half way through it, had no idea who anyone was, what they were doing, what their significance was and was generally bored to tears. For the most part I'll see a film through till the end though, no matter how dull I might be finding it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies