Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:25 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
The Arclight Theaters here in LA have places where you can get a mixed drink but BEFORE going into the theater. I went to a movie once and someone in the row behind me cracked open some alchohol that smelled terrible. I had them thrown out. Hope they got arrested for drinking in public which is ILLEGAL!!!
But people drink in public in restaurants and bars???? How is that "illegal"? Just curious.

We have several theaters here that serve food and drinks DURING the movie. They have tables and regular waitstaff. LOVE IT!!!

As for sneaking in alcohol? YES!!! At least once a year while the kids are in school a bunch of us moms will get the small wine bottles w/ the twist off caps or other things to mix and go to a movie We don't get drunk, puke or leave our trash on the floor when we leave. Chances are NO ONE even knew we were drinking alcohol or suspected it when we left. I also sneak in bottled water and snacks. MUCH CHEAPER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 12:56 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,353 times
The theaters here serve alcohol, fine by me. I always have to get up and go to the bathroom anyway durning the movie, drinking would just be a hastle.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:26 PM

17,998 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Why not just stay home and drink then
Because it was fun. We were in a theatre in Yonkers back in I think 82 and the flick was ET and we all had snuck in beer and we were all smokin' cigs right there in the theatre.

I refused to go see Purple Rain with my cousins in Denver unless they help me sneak in a six-pack of Löwenbräu. Turned out to be a pretty good flick!

Flashforward to Don't: There ya go! That's the spirit! Anything but paying 5 bucks for the 64 oz guzzlers of sugar water, carbonation, and food coloring they sell there at the theatre. If only they had a shroom or hit of acid that only lasted 2.5 hours!

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-11-2009 at 01:37 PM..

Old 02-11-2009, 01:32 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
I would counter that some movies you can't even watch from beginning to end being sober. Johnny Knoxville's Jack-@ss comes to mind - I think even alcohol isn't enough and you should probably be allowed to get stoned while watching that one.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:01 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,891,768 times
We sneaked in beer to the drive-in tons of times, but never the walk-in theater, ever. Those were the days!

Old 02-11-2009, 05:47 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,607,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Why not just stay home and drink then
Because we were underage!

We also used to do the drive in movie.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:34 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
But people drink in public in restaurants and bars???? How is that "illegal"? Just curious.
Those places have liquor licenses which allows them to serve alcohol as long as the person buying/drinking stays within the premises of the building. Movie theaters do not have liquor licenses which makes it illegal for anyone to drink there.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:16 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Many movies theaters are starting to serve alcohol now. I know AMC is starting put tabled theaters in their theaters that have a bar now.

That's when I will stop going to the movies. It's bad enough going to concerts having to put up with rude drunks.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:22 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,300 times
Um, we have liquor licences at some of the theatres here, so we don't have to sneak.

You can have a 3 course meal and drinks served by your own waiter in Gold Class as you relax back in your recliner chair. It's a great night out and REALLY handy for LONG movies.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:48 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,607,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Um, we have liquor licences at some of the theatres here, so we don't have to sneak.

You can have a 3 course meal and drinks served by your own waiter in Gold Class as you relax back in your recliner chair. It's a great night out and REALLY handy for LONG movies.
This is the only way I would see a movie like Che. Even then I wouldn't want to see it but at least you would have something to do for 4 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies