Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:01 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,651,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60'sGal View Post
Yep. It could be the best movie in the world, but if that doofus was in it, I would not bother.
Mostly I agree, but I thought he was really good in 'Stranger Than Fiction', probably because it wasn't a lame attempt at comedy.

One of the worst movies I've ever seen was 'Talladega Nights' starring Will Ferrell. Completely devoid of any humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 02:07 PM

41,975 posts, read 75,239,807 times
The only movie of Will Ferrell's that I've even watched a second of was Bewitched, and he wasn't as offensive as usual.

The premise of the film, on the other hand ...

Doubt if I'll see any Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter movies. I'm not into wizards and gnomes.

I can skip Clark Gable movies. The guy flat out can't act.

Anything with Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney. *shudder*

Most musicals, except for Busby Berkley and similar styles, and Sound of Music.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:19 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,336,629 times
The Reader
Read the book and did not care for it.

Also, I avoid comedies. The only ones I have liked over the years are "Tootsie" and "Arthur."

I avoid John Wayne movies with the exception of "The Searchers" and "The High and the Mighty."

I avoid Tom Cruise movies, too. Just don't like the guy.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:30 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,177,920 times
I have never seen any of Star Wars movies

The only superhero movie I have seen in last 10 years is probably the last Batman, that was good, but not as awesome as everyone said.

I always swore I would never watch Lord of the Rings, until someone made me go with them to see the 2nd one..I went with the full intention of sleeping. I have to say, those movies were fantastic.

I am suprised to see someone said the Godfather, especially a guy. That's the quintessential guy movie. However, it is a plain good movie. My girlfriend watched the first 2 with me the other day, and was mesmerized. She actually was sad it was over.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:22 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,696,239 times
I don't remember him in Saving Private Ryan. I did see the movies and liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
No Saving Private Ryan then? Also check out Find Me Guilty. The guy's a decent actor when he picks a vehicle that requires acting talent.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:09 PM

615 posts, read 856,654 times
I've only ever seen the first Harry Potter movie, and it just wasn't interesting to me. I don't plan on seeing any of the other Harry Potter movies, however many there are.

Still haven't seen and don't plan on seeing Twilight or the new one that's coming out. I don't understand all the hype, especially with such a huge teen/tween fan base--not something I'm into.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:01 AM

2,743 posts, read 14,299,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
'The Pursuit of Happyness'. Those misspellings always bug me too.

Transformers (or anything with Megan Fox-sorry, she can't act)
Twilight
Most movies based off Marvel or DC comic books
Lord of the Rings-boring
Judd Apatow films-they're all the same with the same actors playing the same characters-themselves
Inglorious Basterds-Quentin Tarantino doing a WWII film? Blech. Come to think of it, I can do without his work (though I did like Kill Bill)
Ha! I think I watched "The Pursuit of Happyness" JUST to see if there was some good reason for the misspelling!

Old 08-14-2009, 04:07 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,037,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Ha! I think I watched "The Pursuit of Happyness" JUST to see if there was some good reason for the misspelling!
It was a true story. "There was a place once in Oakland [Ca] near the MacArthur Park station that became very, very, very important to my son and I at the most challenging stage of our journey, and they spelled happyness with a 'y' and that's why it's spelled that way... It's personal [the spelling]

It's amazing reading everyone's dislikes here. Different strokes.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:51 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Anything with Will Farrell in it
Really? 'Elf' was sooooo good. Loved the 'Anchorman' rumble. Thought the dinner and cougar scenes in 'Talledega Nights' were hysterical, and 'Stranger than Fiction' - that's on my top twenty favorite movies list.

'Apocalypse Now' - never seen it, never will. Won't see any of the 'Saw' movies or anything in that genre and I wish I never saw 'Titantic', 'The Notebook' and 'The Happening.'

I usually stay away from movies starring Al Pacino and anything directed by Michael Bay. Won't go out of my way to see a Nicholas Cage or Will Smith movie either.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:01 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,299,309 times
Well I actually liked the movie...

That's why I fully admit that sometimes my snap judgments about movies are probably causing me to miss out on some good ones... but I still do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies