Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 11:09 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
Add to my list above, Tobacco Road.
Is this it???
YouTube - TOBACCO ROAD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
"Trial By FIre" starring Chuck NOrris.....it was a made for TV movie but part of the Walker Texas Ranger series. About several simultaneous plots taking place involving the Texas Rangers including North Korean agents going after US technology secrets, a Ranger being framed for the murder of a young woman, and a gang leader's personal vendetta against Chuck Norris over his son's death at the hands of the Rangers in a foiled bank robbery.

"A Dangerous Man" starring Steven Seagal, one of his recent direct to DVD ones where he takes on a corrupt Chinese military officer turned gangster and his goons. Lots of good action with plenty of gunfights and martial arts action.
Haven't seen those...here's another obscure but very good movie starring Ving Rhames in a most unusual role for him.

YouTube - Holiday Heart (2000)

And this movie starring Robert De Niro.

YouTube - "Flawless" 1999 (movie trailer)

Old 03-07-2010, 11:52 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,439,215 times
Yes, that's the Tobacco Road I remember, it's not on often, I think Gene Tierney played Ellie May, the brunette. The kid, Dude, runs off with an older woman who has a car he wrecks. Jeters is to be thrown off his land and moved to the poor farm. A guy fixes it so they can stay on their land and gives them some seed I think. Jeters talks about how he's going to plant acres of land, but first he takes a nap, as usual, nothing will happen. Thanks for the clip.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
Yes, that's the Tobacco Road I remember, it's not on often, I think Gene Tierney played Ellie May, the brunette. The kid, Dude, runs off with an older woman who has a car he wrecks. Jeters is to be thrown off his land and moved to the poor farm. A guy fixes it so they can stay on their land and gives them some seed I think. Jeters talks about how he's going to plant acres of land, but first he takes a nap, as usual, nothing will happen. Thanks for the clip.
You're welcome...here's a link for TOBACCO ROAD.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco_Road_(film)

Here's another obscure film, based on a true story.

YouTube - Borstal Boy - Trailer

You can see the entire movie here...at the mentioned website.

YouTube - Borstal Boy Full Movie Online part 1 HD

Here's an obscure and controversial British Film...MY BEAUTIFUL LAUNDRETTE.

YouTube - my BEAUTIFUL laundrette - Trailer - HQ

Old 03-08-2010, 05:02 PM

515 posts, read 716,811 times
Harold and Maude....surely this one has become obscure enough again to be listed.

King of Hearts....set in WWII France; the inmates of a lunatic asylum are left to their own devices. Starring a young and beautiful Genevieve Bujold.

The Gods must be Crazy....hilarious South African gem which yielded my favorite of all time movie quote: a woman leans across a restaurant table and asks a total stranger "Is this noise inside my head bothering you?"

And thank you whoever posted the references to the Divine movies; all were/are disgustingly funny.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
Harold and Maude....surely this one has become obscure enough again to be listed.

King of Hearts....set in WWII France; the inmates of a lunatic asylum are left to their own devices. Starring a young and beautiful Genevieve Bujold.

The Gods must be Crazy....hilarious South African gem which yielded my favorite of all time movie quote: a woman leans across a restaurant table and asks a total stranger "Is this noise inside my head bothering you?"

And thank you whoever posted the references to the Divine movies; all were/are disgustingly funny.
I LOVE HAROLD and MAUDE and KING of HEARTS!

YouTube - Harold and Maude Trailer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Hearts_(1966_film)

AND This film.

YouTube - BIG EDEN Trailer

Old 03-08-2010, 07:21 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,274 times
Little Otik. Very strange. Quite disturbing.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:34 PM

Thanx..LITTLE OTIK was new to me; here is a very funny but obscure comedy movie with the ghost of Cary Grant in a starring role>>>

YouTube - Touch of Pink (2004) - Movie Trailer

Old 03-09-2010, 03:39 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,908,225 times
"Eraserhead" was probably well known in the seventies but perhaps not today. Don't watch it if you are a pregnant woman (or married to one) !
YouTube - eraserhead pencil factory scene

Old 03-09-2010, 05:30 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,656,906 times
Nomadscribe you win! Freaky movie just by the preview alone! Whoah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies