Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 10:10 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

Alice in Wonderland, Iron Man 2, Shrek, and more.

Alice in Wonderland, Iron Man 2, Shrek, and More Hot Movies of Spring 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 06:09 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
That list is mostly full of suck.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:26 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,353,293 times
The updated of "Clash of the titans" looks really cool. I hope they don't screw it up. I love that original movie w/those cool Harryhausen animations.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:30 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,016,957 times
Alice in Wonderland a must see? Apparently once you've seen one Tim Burton movie starring Johnny Depp, you haven't seen them all.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:32 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Alice in Wonderland a must see? Apparently once you've seen one Tim Burton movie starring Johnny Depp, you haven't seen them all.
Assuming that you meant to say, "Apparently once you've seen one Tim Burton movie starring Johnny Depp, you have seen them all"

If so, then actually I have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. While elements of Burton's filmaking do carry over from film to film (his use of very vibrant colors) I think the overall look and content of his films vary greatly. The only constant is that Burton and Depp can take each other to some very macabre places.

What I appreciate about Burton as a filmmaker is that he takes these novels that were written with a dark/twisted idea in mind and brings them to life. He doesn't "water" them down in order to make them fit today's idea of what a children's movie should look like. He stays true to the author's sense of style.

The chemistry he has with Depp is unparalled. I think that Burton lets Depp explore his more macabre side and lets him feel free enough to really pull out the "craziness"

The only complaint I have with Burton as of late is he's done far too many re-workings. I'd like to see him take a step back and revisit some of his earlier filmmaking (a la Ed Wood, Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice etc ..)
I would like for him to take a chance on an original screenplay vs. an adapted screenplay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies