Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 02:22 PM

52,764 posts, read 48,138,117 times

Advertisements

The Snakes Crawl At Night - Charley Pride

THE SNAKES CRAWL AT NIGHT by CHARLEY PRIDE - YouTube

Looking Back To See - Buck Owens / Susan Raye

Probably looking at those snakes Charley just sang about. Or maybe not.

Buck Owens & Susan Raye - Looking Back to See - YouTube

Here I Am In Dallas - Faron Young

Faron Young ~ Here I Am In Dallas - YouTube

Walk Softly On The Bridges - Mel Street

Mel Street - Walk Softly On The Bridges - YouTube

Old 08-29-2011, 04:16 PM

42,410 posts, read 87,234,330 times
Where am I going with this? First, a 1953 hit by a 13 year old girl with a terrible Ponca City accent even when singing:

I want a Hippopotamus For Christmas - YouTube

Seven years later, Gayla Peevey, singing under the name Jamie Horton, skipped briefly across the bottom of the charts with a few releases including this song. Can't find it on YouTube, but there was also a version of "What Should a Teen Heart Do" by Joan Weber, that you're allowed to hear a simple of::

What Should A Teen Heart Do? - Joan Weber - Pandora Internet Radio

You might recognize the melody in a track was on the first Miriam Makeba album, also in 1960:

Lakutshn Ilanga - YouTube

From a hippopotamus to Africa. Imagine that.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:25 PM

13,137 posts, read 22,878,552 times
This is what's on a lot for me lately. I guess I shouldn't have stopped taking my meds...

Sucker Punch - Where Is My Mind (OST) - YouTube

Old 08-29-2011, 06:08 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,167,293 times
beautiful, uplifting,

Carry Me - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - YouTube

Who will lay down their hammer?
Who will put up their sword?
And pause to see
The mystery
Of the Word

Old 08-29-2011, 06:10 PM
JL

8,521 posts, read 14,587,781 times

The Beast Stalker Theme Music - YouTube

Old 08-29-2011, 10:15 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,566,822 times
I PUT A SPELL ON YOU - SCREAMING JAY HAWKINS

Screamin Jay Hawkins - I Put A Spell On You - YouTube

Old 08-29-2011, 10:53 PM

159 posts, read 317,922 times
Sufjan Stevens - Futile Devices.
Whole album is beautiful and different.

Sufjan Stevens - Futile Devices - YouTube (http://youtu.be/AmbUEKFqxDk - broken link)

Old 08-29-2011, 11:11 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,255,665 times
Something in this sound is something you wish you could hold in your hands....but it's the aural equivalent of vapor....you just have to let it in....like breathing. Totally ethereal.

Washed Out - Soft

Washed Out - Soft - YouTube

Such a marvelously romantic, theatrical song. Nerdy and sappy....what a combination. True Hollywood glamour....and also so relevant to stories within my own world. How did she pull this off?

The video is fantastic.

Lana Del Rey - Video Games

LANA DEL REY-VIDEO GAMES - YouTube

Old 08-30-2011, 02:39 AM

638 posts, read 16,524,888 times
Default Hannah plays chopin Nocturne #20 in C sharp minor - The Next Mozart? 6-Year Old Piano Prodigy Wows All

Here I was looking for songs of love and ran across a comment from a 21 year old woman who was ragging on us guys about how she wished men her age knew “what it means to love and care for a lady." If I din't have a girlfriend I wouldve blasted (correction --- written) her back because really (trying not to cuss---stuff like this p me off) I'm gonna get it out right now. Well dudes got a lot to say about this too. And here it is---

Hannah plays chopin Nocturne #20 in C sharp minor

Hannah plays Chopin Nocturne #20 in C Sharp Minor - YouTube

This 21 year old wished men her age knew how to care for a Lady--- well who are we supposed to learn it from?

--- for every one person who is willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, there are 50 trying to put you down, laughing at your efforts making fun saying you aint had none in a while --- and other derogatory garbage because we are so puny and weak and scared our itty bitty feelings gonna get hurt that I better wear this 300 pounds of armor to protect myself from possible imagined pain, like it's the worst thing in the world.

Here I am tryiing to learn how to be a gentleman and it aint easy because in this society it aint normal!

What I wish is for these "ladies" to get off our backs or at least try and understand that people are products of their environment---you want mass gentlemenly men then support an environment that produces them. Give a guy a break who is at least trying to learn pretty much on his own. Learning how to love is not natural in the society we have, in fact it is downright unnatural.

The Next Mozart? 6-Year Old Piano Prodigy Wows All

The Next Mozart? 6-Year Old Piano Prodigy Wows All - YouTube

Learning how to game on you, learning how to take, learning how to "get mine" is all over the place but learn how to love --- where? Where can a guy go to learn how to love without being dogged out? Because learning how to love means learning how to be responsible and take care of other people's feelings who love you. This society doesn’t respect vulnerability, it don’t respect innocence, either, since all kinds of trash is shown or done in front of little kids---Gawd forbid we deny ourselves anything for the sake of others.

What's left is a bunch of guys who hang out prefering each other's company, sleep around and talk about what's hot. I'm supposed to be satisfied with that or something is wrong with me. That's why I decided to go the old fashion way.
I'm throwing this armor offa me and try to understand what these virtues that used to be a part of the American culture mean.

Because really chasing (correction ---practice,practice, practice---) pursuing cultural habits has only left me jaded and empty and
angry when it’s all said and done. I feel like telling these ladies to stop blaming us and maybe blame the fathers who ignored Grandpa's advice because everybody was liberated--- to hump around without responsibility and bingo bango Our generation was born.

How about learning how to take care of our friends' feelings, or how to take care of a girl's heart?

Yea I'm definitely gonna get a journal to help out my future grandkids---

I can't wait for daybreak to come--- thats what I get for reading comments instead of Shakespeare---

Last edited by Klysm; 08-30-2011 at 03:13 AM..

Old 08-30-2011, 03:25 AM

638 posts, read 16,524,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Where am I going with this? First, a 1953 hit by a 13 year old girl with a terrible Ponca City accent even when singing:

Seven years later, Gayla Peevey, singing under the name Jamie Horton, skipped briefly across the bottom of the charts with a few releases including this song. Can't find it on YouTube, but there was also a version of "What Should a Teen Heart Do" by Joan Weber, that you're allowed to hear a simple of::

What Should A Teen Heart Do? - Joan Weber - Pandora Internet Radio

You might recognize the melody in a track was on the first Miriam Makeba album, also in 1960:

From a hippopotamus to Africa. Imagine that.

jtur88,
This just is AWESOME!! I am picking myself off the floor!

Number 1, this hippopotumus song is cute---CUTE!! And then next (#2) you hear the woman voice from that little girl all grown up! (Too bad about not having the whole song!) A sweet teen song! I could relate to this!

Then Number 3, same MELODY ! In African language! So sweet and soft and lovely I could use it to play for my girlfriend! Awesome!

I went to get the picutres to make it easy for everyone to follow your story. Here it goes---

I want a Hippopotamus For Christmas

(this one does not have the picture---I agree it is NOWHERE around and this is a bit of it, but you get the sound of the melody.)
Sample of Joan Webber - What Should A Teen Heart do?
Discover New Music - Pandora

same melody

Miriam Makeba - Lakutshn Ilanga

Thank you for the lesson in how music gets around and for the intro to Ms. Makeba who knocks me Out! I am happy that I got to listen to the same melody in unusual places.

Last edited by Klysm; 08-30-2011 at 04:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music