Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 05:00 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,322,618 times

Advertisements

My experience of Rap/Hip Hop is very limited. I really only ever heard what was mainstream and didn't dig very deep into it. I think if I had my time over I would be more into it when I was younger, but growing up in rural Australia I wasn't exposed to a lot of it. So this will probably be my only post other than the previous one on the Hilltop Hoods (who I really like). I thought I would do a post with music from this genre that I have really liked over the years. It will probably seem very naive and perhaps superficial but I like what I like, so here goes...

Grandmaster Flash - The Message - YouTube

Grandmaster Flash - White Lines (Don't Do It) (1983) Original - YouTube

Arrested Development - Mr. Wendal (HQ) - YouTube

Coolio - I'll C U When U Get There - YouTube

Run Dmc vs Jason Nevins - It's Like That - YouTube

Eminem has been a particular favorite of mine, his early stuff was a bit too dark for me but after a few years I started to really like his music. I know a lot of people don't like him but I think he is a brilliant wordsmith. I'll post a few of his that I love, I could do a lot more on him but this will give an idea of the side of him that I like...

Eminem - Lose Yourself (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Eminem - Stan (Short Version) ft. Dido - YouTube

Eminem - Cleanin' Out My Closet - YouTube

Eminem - Love The Way You Lie ft. Rihanna - YouTube

OK, that's it for me. I have had fun for the last few weeks but I have to get serious about study again so I won't be around as much. I'm glad it's been an enjoyable experience this time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 05:32 AM

638 posts, read 16,523,816 times
Default Lecrae - Hallelujah

I gotta git on outta here but WHOA Laddddddy!!! Oh you gonna do us THAT way huh?--lol--Gonna slap us silly then tell us you got to git gone? lol

Wait a minute! --rofl--gotta give you a virtual hug for that one.

Lady Ice I hear you & got to be gittin back to studies myself. We loved you here. Victory Lady! Victory!

To the woods I go! We gon yell this song & work on some steps--Peace Yall!

Lecrae - Hallelujah

Lecrae - Hallelujah - YouTube

Old 03-08-2012, 06:19 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,645,563 times

Rappin' Rodney - YouTube

Old 03-08-2012, 09:01 AM

19,757 posts, read 20,312,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
My experience of Rap/Hip Hop is very limited. I really only ever heard what was mainstream and didn't dig very deep into it. I think if I had my time over I would be more into it when I was younger, but growing up in rural Australia I wasn't exposed to a lot of it. So this will probably be my only post other than the previous one on the Hilltop Hoods (who I really like). I thought I would do a post with music from this genre that I have really liked over the years. It will probably seem very naive and perhaps superficial but I like what I like, so here goes...

Grandmaster Flash - The Message - YouTube

Grandmaster Flash - White Lines (Don't Do It) (1983) Original - YouTube

Arrested Development - Mr. Wendal (HQ) - YouTube

Coolio - I'll C U When U Get There - YouTube

Run Dmc vs Jason Nevins - It's Like That - YouTube

Eminem has been a particular favorite of mine, his early stuff was a bit too dark for me but after a few years I started to really like his music. I know a lot of people don't like him but I think he is a brilliant wordsmith. I'll post a few of his that I love, I could do a lot more on him but this will give an idea of the side of him that I like...

Eminem - Lose Yourself (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Eminem - Stan (Short Version) ft. Dido - YouTube

Eminem - Cleanin' Out My Closet - YouTube

Eminem - Love The Way You Lie ft. Rihanna - YouTube

OK, that's it for me. I have had fun for the last few weeks but I have to get serious about study again so I won't be around as much. I'm glad it's been an enjoyable experience this time around.

Excellent post, Lady! Those which found you on the other side of the world are some worthy gems. We don't find music, the music finds us.

Thank you for sharing!!

Erick Sermon feat. Marvin Gaye - Music - YouTube

"Happiness today is just a song away..."

Old 03-09-2012, 06:27 AM

1,280 posts, read 2,445,035 times
Default 15 yrs today, RIP Biggie

Biggie Smalls - Long Kiss Goodnight - YouTube

biggie smalls warning - YouTube

Biggie Smalls - Ten Crack Commandments - YouTube

Old 03-09-2012, 08:16 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,715,172 times

LL Cool J - Hush ft. 7 Aurelius - YouTube

Old 03-09-2012, 09:27 AM

638 posts, read 16,523,816 times
Default 2Pac & Biggie - 'Runnin' - Original Version -- Untouchable -- & with Eazy E - So Much Pain (2010 Remix)

Mr. Triny33 I'm with you--I was born to late to really know Biggie but got some fans up in here--so setting it up for the Lovers when the Bell ring Lunch.

RIP Biggie--You ain't forgotten--a Legend lives on, be it right or wrong---it Lives. You been gone bout as long as I been breathin air

--RIP Biggie--

Gonna post Biggie & 2Pac Rappin together cause I gotta keep it Real whether these tracks were popular or not--meanin postin what I felt.

2Pac & Biggie 'Runnin' - Original Version

2Pac & Biggie 'Runnin' - Original Version - YouTube

2Pac ft. Notorious BIG - Untouchable

2pac ft. Notorious BIG - Untouchable - YouTube

--this next one--got so much life--Mad Real with 2Pac--like your older brother talkin to you or somethin.

I'm just startin into Hip Hop/Rap but love this crew even if they're gone--they're alive through the music for me & thats enough. I ain't picky--Word!

2Pac Ft. Biggie & Eazy E - So Much Pain (2010 Remix)

2Pac Ft. Biggie & Eazy E - So Much Pain (2010 Remix) - YouTube

Old 03-09-2012, 11:11 AM

19,757 posts, read 20,312,780 times

The LOX - We'll Always Love Big Poppa - YouTube

Old 03-09-2012, 11:17 AM

10,261 posts, read 12,527,205 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgQyo-eCo2c
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music