Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2011, 09:17 PM

4,064 posts, read 5,647,481 times

Advertisements

Anyone else stoked for a new Radiohead album? 'In Rainbows' was really good, but then again, all of their albums are really good.

Gotta love a band that announces their new album only 4 days before they self release it to their own website.

@ 9 bucks for the MP3, it isn't as good of a deal as 'In Rainbows,' but I'll take it.

I'm hoping I can get it at 11:00 CST. If not, I'll wait 'til midnight.

I haven't been disappointed with their last 7 albums, I'm sure I won't be disappointed with this one.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 02-17-2011 at 09:36 PM..

Old 02-21-2011, 09:20 PM

194 posts, read 507,922 times
First listen, I didn't really feel it. It was like listening to The Eraser instead of a Radiohead album.

Putting on headphones added a bunch more layers and really helped me like the album a lot more after a second listen.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:41 PM

631 posts, read 1,076,213 times
I was surprised a new album has been released. I knew of its release by sheer chance. Sure, I was glad. I'm listening to it right now. What can I say? Sounds very calm and psychedelic. Sounds very alternative and very experimental. It seems Radiohead are completely sick and tired of fitting to any format at all. So, they do what they want. They experiment as they want. It seems they couldn't care less about what critics or fans might think or say. They do it for their own pure pleasure. These days they create music that couldn't be further from pop.

Here's an official site, where you can buy an album. It's only available via downloading these days. Nonetheless, later in some months it'll be possible to get some disc, too (it's needed mostly for the most die-hard fans and collectors who desire to owe a disc in a beautiful box).

Here's a youtube version of the album (the link is yet available at the 24th of February) for the greedy ones like me who don't even what to pay for listening to their favorite band. Shame on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV4xhsYvU2g

Old 02-24-2011, 07:15 PM

Yeah I feel it now. It took about 6 times through though. Its def not OK Computer. Codex is unreal.

I'm really thinking this a B-side. It kind of feels like a Thom solo album. Part of me thinks they are messing around and will release the "real" album soon. 8 songs and 37 minutes isn't an album IMO, even for RH.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Yeah I feel it now. It took about 6 times through though. Its def not OK Computer. Codex is unreal.
I wonder what do you mean by 'codex is unreal'? Whatever... They changed their musical direction right after 1997. So, no wonder all the 2000s albums and this one have nothing in common with OK Computer.

Quote:
I'm really thinking this a B-side.
I wish it was.

Quote:
Part of me thinks they are messing around and will release the "real" album soon.
I do hope, yet the hope is really faint.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
I wonder what do you mean by 'codex is unreal'? Whatever... They changed their musical direction right after 1997. So, no wonder all the 2000s albums and this one have nothing in common with OK Computer.

I wish it was.

I do hope, yet the hope is really faint.
I mean Codex is a real sweet jam.

OK Computer is the std. IMO. So yeah, its no OK Computer but I think its still pretty good.

B-side for sure.

FWIW, I think they started changing their style with OK Computer. Kind of funny that my fav albums are their first three. Maybe its nostalgia. I really like The Bends and OK Computer.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:08 AM

Quote:
I mean Codex is a real sweet jam.
I think Codex is my favorite song off the album at the moment.
Incidentally, it has something in common with Pyramid Song, isn't it?

Quote:
I really like The Bends and OK Computer.
Ditto. However I also adore many songs from their 2000s albums with the only exception being Kid A, where I only like one song, which is Motion Picture Soundtrack.

Here's a good Guardian review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music