Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 12:47 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,353 times

Advertisements

I know I can't be the only one who enjoys and listens to this type of music. When it comes to electronic music, I've always had a spot in my heart for industrial/EBM (Electronic body music) and synth pop, dark wave and music similar to it (House and trance being my favorites). I've been listening to Industrial music ever since I was a kid and didn't know the name of the type of music I was listening to till I ventured into the Gothic scene when I entered high school.

From there I became much more informed and finally found out (, I was a kid in the ghetto, so no one else knew) the names of the bands I had been listening to the most in--Skinny Puppy, Cat Rapes Dog, KMFDM, Funker Vogt, VNV Nation and as I entered my first year of high school, Orgy had their popular hit single "Fiction". I have awesome memories going to Industrial/Goth shows and dancing to many great tunes and being around all the "freaks" dressed all in black, the crazy hair styles, the elevator shoes and the whole nine.

Anyway, I'll throw some tunes out and of course you share yours.

YouTube - cat rapes dog - motordead

YouTube - Skinny Puppy - Goneja

YouTube - VNV Nation - Darkangel

YouTube - KMFDM - Ultra

YouTube - Orgy - Fiction (Dreams In Digital) (Video)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 01:24 AM

11,270 posts, read 11,032,046 times
OK - I'll bite!

YouTube - Ministry - Scarecrow

YouTube - Son of a Gun

YouTube - kooler than jesus

Old 04-20-2011, 09:25 AM

1,022 posts, read 11,562,820 times
Default DJ Rush - Do You Like Bass , DJ Misjah & DJ Tim - Access , Skream - Filth & Dubstep Breaks

Oh SNAP!!! HOLD UP!!! LITAL!!! Add some HARDSTYLE TECH & DUBSTEP & Brother You can open Your own Club!! HA!!!

There's SOO MUCH music that just didn't fit anywhere on this Forum and I sure wasn't going to put My shi& just anywhere. I was thinking Hell where DO WE put the stuff that sounds to an older generation, All Fuc$ UP yet it Get Us OFF BIG TIME!!

*Just feeling that driving bass & warm body heat!* I'm playing a song that You Can't be sensitive to a lot of cussing cause its all in your Face!...LOL

I'm just gonna let it alll hang out...

Starting My Morning with MoFo BASS!!! DANCE INDUSTRIAL to DJ RUSH!!! Do you like Bass in your mofoing Face??? HELLLLLL YEAAA!!

DJ Rush - Do You Like Bass

YouTube - DJ Rush - Best Hard Techno BASS

Remember how the Strobe lights felt on Your skin, in that rundown Warehouse right off the river...How it felt to just BE??? Taking Your body LOUD as Your hands pierce the lasers above Your head? That YOU Yes YOU had Access to another World?

DJ Misjah & DJ Tim - Access

YouTube - DJ Misjah & DJ Tim - Access

Been dancing hard all night...Geek Up in ways You only dreamed! Then the real filth came...the music transformed, with a thousand tongues licking your skin...Oh Hell Yes! Everybody Merged Dubstep Style!

(Adding a little bit of Original Filth...Dubstep Style! It might not be as dirty as newer stuff but can't shut down an Original. ) Can Give it slow & plenty dirty Baby!

Skream - Filth

YouTube - Skream - Filth

Turn it up you say?...O Sweet Thang Na Na NAA! Just hold it tight a while...only squeeze to the beats while feeling that flute!

Dubstep breaks - FRACTAL DUBSTEP H (Video keeps going so Uploader Lost Control! hA!)

YouTube - FRACTAL DUBSTEP H

Mmmm such sweet sucking filth I know baby but we gotta stop and head back to the land of shadows (Reality); so lets bust it Dirty Girls & Guys with MY ALL TIME Favorite Industrial Dance Song!

TANZ ZWO DREI VIER! (Dance Two Three Four!)

Faderhead - TZDV

YouTube - Faderhead - TZDV (Official Music Video)

Thumbups Lital! a Lot of musical space to set Us FREE!

KnightShadow

Old 04-20-2011, 09:36 AM

30 posts, read 33,720 times
EBM is a myth.

They had a lot in common with Erasure.
http://southrnfresh.com/images/smilies/smiley-300x300.png (broken link)

Last edited by Here_For_The_Links; 04-20-2011 at 09:48 AM..

Old 04-20-2011, 01:48 PM

YouTube - Cylab "Dented Halos" Music Video From The Sanguinarian By Analisa Ravella

Old 04-20-2011, 01:50 PM

Thanks people! I got some support hoping for this thread to survive and I will definitely do my best and hopefully all the other fans of this genre as well! Let's do it! Who care's what the "musically inclined" or "musical elitist" think!

Old 04-20-2011, 03:14 PM

11,270 posts, read 11,032,046 times

YouTube - Lords Of Acid - Let's Get High (1991)

YouTube - Paul Oakenfold - Tranceport - 01 Time

YouTube - Front 242 - Headhunter

Old 04-20-2011, 03:17 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,125,241 times
I'm squealing like a little girl with glee on this thread! My go to source for synthpop is Buy Synthpop and Electro Pop CDs at A Different Drum
My faves are Intuition, Mesh, Rename, The Notwist, Iris, Electronic. Disclaimer: Some of these may or may not be considered synthpop.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
I'm squealing like a little girl with glee on this thread! My go to source for synthpop is Buy Synthpop and Electro Pop CDs at A Different Drum
My faves are Intuition, Mesh, Rename, The Notwist, Iris, Electronic. Disclaimer: Some of these may or may not be considered synthpop.
Doesn't matter, as long as it still falls under the same type of music groups

Old 04-20-2011, 06:18 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,125,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Doesn't matter, as long as it still falls under the same type of music groups
Woohoo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music