Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 07:26 PM

5,652 posts, read 7,013,340 times

Advertisements

I wonder if you asked Tommy Stinson which band was better, GnR or the 'Mats, what his honest reply would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 10:54 AM

38,933 posts, read 24,014,963 times
I would agree. Guns was the last group to be hard and soft with their music and themselves in image. Grunge was good but it didn't translate to everyone, Guns did.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:10 PM

824 posts, read 1,181,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
The #1 debut album of ALL time (over 28 million) copies sold and still counting worldwide, along with a #6 best solo of all time. Those are some hard FACTS to beat. Use Your Illusions I and II set other standards and records. Both in the charts as well as sellout tours. Over 35 million copies sold worldwide on them alone. I even heard VH1 say the same thing as the OP, so I don't think he is totally off base here. "That" kind of Rock is gone and they were the last. The only ones to get anywhere near labeled as a "great" MODERN BAND is maybe Godsmack and AIC. To be great you have to have hits and UNFORGETTABLE tunes (ones still played everyday after new) in excess of say 30, as well as played on every classic Rock or Rock station in the Country. I still hear a GNR tune at least everyday. They haven't even made any new ones for almost 20 years. That speaks volumes for the GREAT band they were.
and no band has ever been as good as guns since (aside from a few) and no band will ever be.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:30 PM

253 posts, read 707,200 times
I'll bet this 2013 Gibson Les Paul Traditional in light burst on it......

Needs some work in the next few months to make it perfect.....The 1957 pups that came in it are comin' out and going in a box on the shelf for storage and keeping.

The lighting doesn't do SN #124130486 Made In USA any justice. It's EXACTLY the same color as the opening riff guitar used in the video. It's orange/red with a AA flame top...

Guns N Roses-Sweet Child O Mine(Long Full Version with Lyrics) - YouTube

Old 12-31-2013, 07:39 PM

These pups have a 5 star rating on ALL guitar forums. It's dead on the money...these are the same as all his guitars have....including the world famous AFD Les Paul.

Alnico-II Pro Slash Signature Seymour Duncan pickups - YouTube

Hey kids...this is what you are MISSING...........

Old 12-31-2013, 07:44 PM

I found a sound clip you guys will want to hear. Just click the hi-fi button.

SoundClick artist: Frank Falbo - page with MP3 music downloads

Old 12-31-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I would agree. Guns was the last group to be hard and soft with their music and themselves in image. Grunge was good but it didn't translate to everyone, Guns did.
I'll also note Slash's signature trademark guitar tone. It's fat and creamy...yet not compressed with too much gain. That's a trademark Gibson Les Paul sound that has been customized. You won't get it with brand x. The radio is full of modern high gain compressed guitar tones. Slash's stands out....you always know it.

Some describe it as the equivalent of scoring with your prom date. lol

Have to laugh there....hahaha....someone made a funny! lol

Old 01-01-2014, 02:44 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,265,776 times
Rehearsal footage from Argentina - he just makes love to that mo fo guitar.

Guns N' Roses Argentina 1992 slash solo and Godfather Theme - YouTube

Old 01-01-2014, 07:56 AM

372 posts, read 1,044,297 times
If you really want Slash's tone, you'll need a set of these:

Old 01-01-2014, 01:16 PM

15,770 posts, read 9,602,174 times
GNR was great.... four about five years, tops. "Illusions" would have been a great single CD, but instead was a fat, bloated double CD (sold separately and probably more expensive that way). Then they broke up. Don't get me wrong, I loved them when they come out, but they just kinda fizzled out. One could probably make a better argument that Pearl Jam was the last great American band and not GNR based solely on their longevity. (Personally, I'd listen to GNR before Pearl Jam though.)

I think it's actually really stupid to argue who is better. I mean, I can easily listen to Nirvana and GNR one after another and be totally fine with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music