Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 02:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,186 times

Advertisements

I am begging for someone to help me find something similar to my favorite melody.
I know the term “similar” can define different criteria, and really the only specific thing I’m looking for when I say “similar” is the melody. If you’ve ever heard ANYTHING similar that has that epic/dramatic feel or similar in ANY way, please let me know!

I’ve linked to several different styles of the song(8 bit, orchestral, original, and piano) to show that the style/genre/lyrics has/have nothing to do with what I’m looking for.
Please at least listen to the orchestral version of this song(especially the chorus) as you will find that it may sound like something you’ve heard before or possibly help you expand your opinion of the melody. The 8 bit version is also a good video to try as it may also spark a memory of something you’ve heard before.

Since I can’t post links yet, all you have to do is paste these after youtube . c om
8 bit version /watch?v=RXw_txpn_aM
Orchestral version /watch?v=5lmpY3TUfXA
Original version /watch?v=CBrWNbjw3RA
Piano version /watch?v=WegyI3fBn4Y

As you can tell, the video is an orchestra performing Michael jacksons smooth criminal. So I am NOT simply looking for a similar style song to smooth criminal. I’m talking about the melody and feel. And it doesn’t matter what genre! The orchestral song I linked to kinda (to me anyway) has a Spanish heroic feel to it due to the coronets and other instruments.

So if you would be so kind as to listen to the above versions of the song and see if you can think of a similar melody I would sincerely appreciate it. I don’t care if it’s video game music or the score from a movie, if it’s similar in terms of melody/feel please let me know! Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 05:19 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,237,811 times
You might like film scores if you like that style. Also, it sounds a lot like "easy listening" of the Fifties and Sixties, including Ray Conniff, Bert Kaempfert and 101 Strings Orchestra.

You'll find an array of music on this thread:
//www.city-data.com/forum/music...ic-thread.html

Here are a couple of links to soundtracks:

Conan the barbarian OST 1982 (full album) - YouTube

50 years of Bond (1962 - 2012 and beyond...) - YouTube

John Barry's "The Deep" is just one of the full albums available at YouTube. There are some wonderful scores to be found by composers including John Williams, James Horner, Max Steiner, Maurice Jarre, Vangelis and Nino Rota.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:32 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,237,811 times

Bernard Herrmann - Greatest Hits - YouTube

The Right Stuff Soundtrack I - YouTube

Syd Dale - Secret Service - YouTube
You'll find a lot of Syd Dale's works on that lounge/easy listening music thread. I put most of them there=}

Let me know if anything sounds interesting.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:22 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,222,728 times
Band named "Bond" covers Led Zeppelin's Kashir in an interesting way.

Bond - Kashmir (Led Zeppelin classical cover) - YouTube

I'm only posting this second one so you can actually see them play.

Bond - Explosive - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music