Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2015, 09:24 AM

6 posts, read 3,219 times

Advertisements

I love and have loved Stevie's music for so long (see my username)
-I've seen her solo shows in Philly and NJ 8 times.However,I have a problem with her recent interviews.She seems to be all about herself and seems VERY self-absorbed,stand-offish,cold,and blunt.I don't know if it's her age,if her previous drug use made her seem nicer in older interviews,or if the "icon" and "living legend" titles have gone to her head.I've noticed this attitude in several of her recent interviews so it's not an isolated incident thing.Having said all that,I am still a huge fan and her attitude will never change the soothing feeling I get when I play her music.Any opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 09:26 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
I've always thought she was self absorbed and all about herself...and while I like most of Fleetwood Mac's music, I can't stand her voice so "her" hits always get switched to something else when I'm around. I think she's repulsive personally.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:06 PM

5,481 posts, read 6,314,772 times
I love Fleetwood Mac, have since I was a kid. The wife and I saw them in Providence a few months back and they put on a fantastic show, worth every penny! And it was great the Christie McVie was back with the and too for the first time in 15 years. It just wouldn't have been right without here there. Her and Stevie both still sound great, and Lindsey can still jam too!

I don't know anything about the attitude you guys have mentioned, all I can say is that she didn't seem that way on stage at all. She was very friendly and talkative with the fans, and her and Mick Fleetwood actually stood out on stage for about 20 minutes after the show ended and talked with the crowd about the bands early days in CA back in the 60s. It was a lot of fun and they came across as very genuine to me.

Favorite songs - "Silver Spring", "Storms", "Gold Dust Woman", "Second Hand News" and "As Long As You Follow".

Old 05-09-2015, 08:05 PM

15,145 posts, read 14,334,571 times
Stevie Nicks : Her style is unforgettable, her lyrics unintelligible. It's difficult to tell the difference between a parody and reality, when reality is extreme enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6B6CyZHnZU

Old 05-09-2015, 09:47 PM

6 posts, read 3,219 times
Ha!It's so funny you posted that video because someone just last night brought it to my attention and I watched it on You Tube.It's true her pronunciation is not the best but she does it so beautifully that it doesn't matter-her heart is totally in it.Too bad her personality stinks.I always thought I'd love to meet her and have a nice chat with her but not so much any more.That's what they say-trust the art,not the artist.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:03 PM

8 posts, read 5,084 times

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5HkuhSEnPQ[/url]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqCotgdEZsk[/url]

Old 06-11-2017, 11:41 PM

939 posts, read 789,031 times
I sometimes prefer this demo version to the original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKIC_Kza4Ek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music