Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 10:48 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,203,169 times

Advertisements

I just got James Taylor/Bonnie Raitt tickets for Summerfest!!

I'm super excited. Call me a dork if you must but I'm a 34 year old female and a James Taylor concert was on my bucket list.

Any other James Taylor fans out there?

I don't know anything about Bonnie Raitt but I hear she's a good guitarist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 10:56 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,182,149 times
congrats, long time JT fan and he still sounds great.

have had the pleasure of seeing Bonnie Raitt and she is also amazing. Not only a good guitarist but has a great voice and a massive catalog of great songs.

Sounds like an excellent pairing.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:01 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,055,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post

I'm super excited. Call me a dork if you must but I'm a 34 year old female and a James Taylor concert was on my bucket list.

If having good taste in music makes one a 'dork', count me in! Wish I would hear some James Taylor instead of that other 'Taylor..' on the music system in the store where I work.

'Nick of Time' is a great mid-career album via which to acquaint yourself with Bonnie Raitt. It was her first album, after numerous ones she did, to earn her not one but multiple Grammies. No coincidence she finally put down the bottle before 'Nick of Time', and as a result proved herself beyond expectations.

Be sure to preview 'Nick' on youtube before they move it off to Red!

Old 01-20-2018, 08:19 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,657,001 times
James Taylor has a voice that soothes the soul ! Congrats on the tickets and Bonnie Raitt puts on a good show.
Enjoy!

Old 01-20-2018, 08:22 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,834,081 times
one of my friends saw them together in New Orleans recently. She said it was a fabulous concert. She's a big Bonnie Raitt fan but said JT really knocked her socks off too

Old 01-21-2018, 06:24 AM

30,715 posts, read 16,355,706 times
love Bonnie Rait!

have for years. I'm jealous. sigh

Old 01-21-2018, 06:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,289,237 times
I am super jealous - I have loved James Taylor's voice and style since I was a teenager, and that was 40 years ago. He's still got a fabulous voice.

And I think his Christmas album is the best out there. I could (and do) listen to it over and over during the holiday season.

Isn't it funny how so many people SOUND like where they're from? For instance, to me, he just sounds "like" North Carolina.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:40 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,462,175 times
Quote:

Awesome. I love James Taylor. I saw him in concert back in the 90's. It was a mellow but very good concert.

Bonnie Raitt has a great raspy voice. Loved her "Let's give them something to talk about" song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ58TVYNFro

Enjoy it

Old 01-21-2018, 07:03 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,055,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am super jealous - I have loved James Taylor's voice and style since I was a teenager, and that was 40 years ago. He's still got a fabulous voice.

And I think his Christmas album is the best out there. I could (and do) listen to it over and over during the holiday season.

Isn't it funny how so many people SOUND like where they're from? For instance, to me, he just sounds "like" North Carolina.

I'm not sure where half the stuff in the current Top-40 sounds like it comes from - maybe a heavy-duty kitchen blender?

Old 01-21-2018, 07:15 AM

4,138 posts, read 4,545,723 times
Quote:

They are two of the best concerts I have ever been too. A long time Bonnie Raitt fan but, Inwas shocked at how good James Taylor was live. Thought it would be super mellow acoustic but he JAMMED. They aren’t coming to Texas but I’m seriously considering flying somewhere to see this show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music