Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 03:05 PM

602 posts, read 313,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Paradise By The Dashboard Light is a great song.
RIP
Yes, it was !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C11MzbEcHlw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 03:11 PM

50,351 posts, read 63,928,555 times
Sad news. Louis Anderson died too.

Old 01-21-2022, 03:28 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times
Apparently it was not a secret what Meat wouldn't do for love. We just misunderstood the lyrics all along

Quote:
“I get that question all the time,” the late singer, born Marvin Lee Aday, once remarked in a 1998 performance for VH1’s “Storytellers.” But as he explained, the answer is plainly laid out in the lyrics.

The confusion, he said, comes from the way those lyrics are arranged. Written by Meat Loaf’s longtime songwriter Jim Steinman, the song tells the story of a man professing his love for a woman and assuring her he’d “run right into hell and back” for love, among other things. During the course of the song, he also makes several promises. For instance, the man says:

But I’ll never stop dreaming of you every night of my life, no way
And I would do anything for love
Oh I would do anything for love
Oh I would do anything for love
But I won’t do that, no I won’t do that
‘I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That)’: Meat Loaf’s misunderstood lyric, explained

Old 01-21-2022, 03:56 PM

602 posts, read 313,116 times
Meat Loaf knocks it out of the park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDSZxUlGZnA

Old 01-21-2022, 05:42 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,437,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Dude he had cancer also had open heart surgery a few years ago! rip meatloaf!!

He also had FOUR back surgeries.

I remember dressing in character along with a big group of friends & going to the midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Everyone danced & sang in the aisles. One friend was always "Eddie". Best of times.

RIP Meat Loaf, peace & love.

It's getting real.

Old 01-21-2022, 11:20 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,026,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Sad news. I was just listening to the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack the other day, and digging "Hot Patootie".
Yeah, that's a great song!

I owned the Welcome to the Neighborhood album, that had "I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth)" on it, which I liked at age 14. It also had a truly gorgeous cover of Tom Waits' "Martha." Meat interprets the lyrics very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiDcyvNLvzE

And I think everyone my age remembers the commercial with "Vegetarian Loaf," deeeeeeep in the back of our minds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlIhZI4WD1k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music