Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 10:16 AM

2,612 posts, read 935,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
X country records a song in its language.

Y country records the same song and in its language one year later.

Copyright is paid but it is the song of X country.

Do you see it as stolen? I kind see it stolen in music sense even though copy right is paid.

Why doesn't Y country compose its music? That is my reason to see it stolen.

If I can't call it music of Y country, what is the point?

Let me give examples

First of all, I wanna start by saying that there were original turkish pop music compositions as well but the number of them were little. One example is below.

This is original Turkish pop music from the year 1969. Why original? Because this was an turkish composition so it is not taken from foreigners. I have respect for this Turkish pop music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhQl...&start_radio=1

This Turkish Song from 1974 is not Turkish Song because it was taken from foreigners and recorded in Turkish by a turkish singer one year later. Even though copyright is paid, it is still stolen to me in music sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66HD6h6Xcwk
I wasnt aware that entire countries record songs. I thought it was individual. Do some countries all combine their efforts in recording individual songs so they become some form of public good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 10:17 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,119,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
If the copyright is paid, it's not stolen.

[/thread]
Bingo.

Old 01-25-2022, 10:19 AM

19,757 posts, read 20,312,780 times
Quote:

Are you telling me there isn't a huge difference between 2?
I think the 2nd one sounds better. It has a certain groove that's absent in the original, which I am in favor of.

Old 01-25-2022, 10:56 AM

3,199 posts, read 1,298,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I think the 2nd one sounds better. It has a certain groove that's absent in the original, which I am in favor of.
The first one is originally turkish and this matters a great deal, don't you think so?

Second one is taken from foreingers.

There were little turkish pop songs and first one is from one of them. I have a huge respect for the first turkisn song... For this reason.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
I wasnt aware that entire countries record songs. I thought it was individual. Do some countries all combine their efforts in recording individual songs so they become some form of public good?
I have no idea what you are talking about but first song from 1969 is originally turkish. It is a turkish composition. It wasn't taken from foreingers. It is really Turkish. You understand what I am saying?

Old 01-25-2022, 12:37 PM

Guys. I posted 2 songs. One is taken foreingers while the other is originally turkish.

Do they make no difference?

It makes a lot of difference to a Turk like me.

Old 01-25-2022, 12:39 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,553,176 times
Quote:
Guys. I posted 2 songs. One is taken foreingers while the other is originally turkish.

Do they make no difference?

It makes a lot of difference to a Turk like me.
Maybe you can explain why it makes such a difference to you. I don't understand the concept behind the thread.

Old 01-25-2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Maybe you can explain why it makes such a difference to you. I don't understand the concept behind the thread.

One is originally turkish while the other is taken froigenrs. Don't you think this is a huge difference?

I guess people who lived in USA lost their sense because everything was from their own contry.

This is way they have no respect for an original turkish song.

Old 01-25-2022, 12:57 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,553,176 times
Quote:
One is originally turkish while the other is taken froigenrs. Don't you think this is a huge difference?

I guess people who lived in USA lost their sense because everything was from their own contry.

This is way they have no respect for an original turkish song.
I'm not sure what that means

I still don't get the point to this thread. If a song is truly stolen, go to court.

Old 01-25-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm not sure what that means

I still don't get the point to this thread. If a song is truly stolen, go to court.
I think people who live in USA lost their sense because everything is from USA. That is a normal thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music