Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 09:58 AM

432 posts, read 1,664,389 times

Advertisements

In think the award goes to Bob marley. he wasnt just an ordinary musician. He was a song writer and an amazing person. His music are all inspirations. You can learn life lesson from the words of his song. Anytime i listen to Bob marley, i always feel good.

Bob Marley isn't my name. I don't even know my name yet.
Bob Marley

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Bob Marley

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!
Bob Marley

Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny.
Bob Marley

Every time I plant a seed, He say kill it before it grow, he say kill it before they grow.
Bob Marley

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
Bob Marley

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.
Bob Marley
Attached Thumbnails
Who is the greatest musician of all time?-untitled.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 10:06 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Youre going to get answers all over the board on this one. Because there are so many different variables and genres its impossible to answer with just one. I have listed a few.

Alfred Cortot - pianist
Prince - piano, guitar, songs, arrangements
Sergei Rachmaninov - Best known as a composer, but great great pianist
Perlman - Violin

Old 06-14-2008, 02:06 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
I think Bob Marley is great and he inspired me through many good times and some really bad times; like when I got divorced and wanted to drink myself to death and was fixin' to do a good job of it.

I'd go so far as agreeing that weed is better than booze. But for me it's not. Weed would lead me back to booze. Then I'd be effed.

Bob Marley died of brain cancer and I'm not totally sure that it wasn't from the pound of weed he smoked daily. I'll spare you the I HATE WEED BECAUSE PUNKS THAT I'VE WORKED WITH STARTED OFF WITH INNOCENT WEED AND WOUND UP WITH MORE POWERFUL METH, COKE, OR VICODIN rant and let you do a search on them if you care to. As far as the legalization of weed, that's a thread for another day. Now back to the topic.

Bob Marley thought a living man was GOD and I disagree with him. But I still love that CD Legend and I have a couple around and think everybody should listen to it at least yearly.

I'd put any number of musicians up there in my top 5, but which ones?

Do I pick my favorite Bass Player? Check out my Iron Maiden posts.

Do I pick my favorite guitarists? Check out my favorite Frank Zappa, Angus Young, etc. threads or posts. RIP Bo Diddley.

Do I pick my favorite singer threads? Check out my Iron Maiden (old and new-new to me is post Paul and everthing up to Powerslave), Bon Scott-AC/DC, Journey (Steve Perry of course), or Heart (Ann Wilson is my fav female vocalist) posts.

Well, at least you'd get an idea who I like. But I can't pick a favorite, because once I do, I get burned out on it.

I'm thankful there are so many.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:06 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Way to broad a question to even bother with.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:47 PM

23,857 posts, read 71,318,110 times
It´s not Bob Marley.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:36 PM

994 posts, read 1,544,251 times
Rachmininoff(classical) or Pat Metheny(everything else)

This is a great combination of Pat's "The Truth Will Always Be" with slideshow

YouTube - PAT METHENY: The Truth Will Always Be

Old 06-14-2008, 09:00 PM

951 posts, read 1,653,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Way to broad a question to even bother with.
Ditto. It's like saying who's the best painter.

A thousand people will give you a thousand different answers. Being a musician, my kids or my nieces and nephews always ask me "who's my favorite drummer/guitarist/band", etc. I always tell them it's the one I'm listening to right now. It will change with the next CD.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:25 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,545 times
Mozart.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:55 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
Mozart.
Mozart is without question the greatest composer of all time but Im not so sure he's the greatest musician.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:24 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
michael jackson?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music