Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 12:06 AM

3,223 posts, read 10,100,683 times

Advertisements

What are some of the classic rock songs you wish would get more airplay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 04:56 AM

810 posts, read 2,292,684 times
Anything other than the typical standards, so many good songs that are just forgoten.

Play, See Emily Play instead of Young Lust, Dead Flowers instead of Brown Sugar.

XM has a great station called Deep Tracks, they play songs I never new existed by major bands. Sometimes you have to sit through some long boring ones from Loggins and Messina (sorry L&M fans)

New one came online from the Sirius merge, channel 59 is Little Stevens Underground, same theory, but more of todays music mixed in (ie, White Stripes/Pink Floyd/Hendrix)

Old 11-25-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
What are some of the classic rock songs you wish would get more airplay?
here are a list of songs I wish I can hear on the radio more often

Gypsy: Dead and Gone and Gypsy Queen (both Parts 1 and 2)
Bubble Puppy: Hot Smoke & Sassafraz
Foreigner: Women, Headknocker, Starrider, Love Has Taken Its Toll, Say You Will and Break it Up
Journey: Still They Ride, Walks Like a Lady
Styx: Queen of Spades, Why Me
New England: Don't Ever Wanna Lose Ya
Donnie Iris: Love is Like a Rock
Union: Mainstreet USA
Leroux: Addicted
Seatrain: 13 Questions
Rainbow: anything except for Street of Dreams and Stone Cold
Pat Travers: anything except for Boom Boom (Out Go the Lights)
Bloodrock: D.O.A.
Manfred Mann's Earth Band: anything except for Do Wah Diddy and Blinded By the Light (can't stand the latter!)
Toronto: Your Daddy Don't Know
Wet Willie: Keep on Smilin'
Lighthouse: One Fine Morning
Joe Walsh: Meadows
It's a Beautiful Day: White Bird

I am not liking the "Deep Tracks" station as much as "The VAULT", I personally thought "The VAULT" was better than "Deep Tracks" cause I liked the artist of the week feature and the DJ's (Bob Kranes was my favorite DJ), plus the Progressions show on THE VAULT was IMHO better than Deep Tracks.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:38 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
I would be upset if more of my favorites got more airplay because then I may grow tired of them. For instance, I would hate if I felt the same way about
YouTube - Sweet - Love Is Like Oxygen as I do about
YouTube - Keep On loving You - REO Speedwagon (HQ Audio). Loving You is not necessarily a bad song just tired of hearing it a million times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrgm View Post
Anything other than the typical standards, so many good songs that are just forgoten.

Play, See Emily Play instead of Young Lust, Dead Flowers instead of Brown Sugar.

XM has a great station called Deep Tracks, they play songs I never new existed by major bands. Sometimes you have to sit through some long boring ones from Loggins and Messina (sorry L&M fans)

New one came online from the Sirius merge, channel 59 is Little Stevens Underground, same theory, but more of todays music mixed in (ie, White Stripes/Pink Floyd/Hendrix)
I love See Emily Play! Deep Tracks sometimes confuses me because every so often they play a hit single from a band.

I will have to check out LSU, sounds great!

Old 11-26-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I would be upset if more of my favorites got more airplay because then I may grow tired of them. For instance, I would hate if I felt the same way about
YouTube - Sweet - Love Is Like Oxygen as I do about
YouTube - Keep On loving You - REO Speedwagon (HQ Audio). Loving You is not necessarily a bad song just tired of hearing it a million times.

I love See Emily Play! Deep Tracks sometimes confuses me because every so often they play a hit single from a band.

I will have to check out LSU, sounds great!
I don't hear Sweet's "Love is Like Oxygen" nearly as often as I hear "Ballroom Blitz" and "Fox on the Run", as far as "Love is Like Oxygen" the album version is WAY better than the single version, it has a long instrumental break in the middle of the song.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:02 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
One that I rarely hear anymore is Freebird

Old 11-27-2008, 06:12 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Monster......................Steppenwolf

Old 11-27-2008, 09:36 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
More album oriented rock as i miss on saturday nites when they used to play the entire albums like from midnite till 5 a.m. from back in the 70's.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:57 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
The Outlaws--the full version of "Green Grass and High Tides."
REO Speedwagon--157 Riverside Avenue
Anything by April Wine or Triumph from Canada

Old 11-27-2008, 12:16 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Anything from the Doors, Janice Joplin, The Who, or basically any artist from that era.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music