Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 07:09 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,093,315 times

Advertisements

Some of you might have already seen this on TV or before it was taken down. (It was taken down from Youtube but I found it on Will Ferrell's site.)
I wasn't sure which forum to post, but chose the music forum because this is almost all musical, and I thought it might appeal more here.
(I really like the few words that Conan says.)
Kind of an interesting mix of players onstage: Beck, Ben Harper, Billy Gibbons, and Ronnie Van Zant--oops I meant Will Ferrell.

Free Bird
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 07:36 AM

18,259 posts, read 25,949,010 times
Good post BWP! Yea, I saw the program as well in its entirety as well. It was great! And Conan gave credit where credit was due and thanked NBC for his years of employment with the network. An extra added bonus was seeing Neil Young on the program as well. He done a great version of "Long May You Run." If you know not only the lyrics of the song but also the history of his days with Steven Stills, you would understand why that song was picked.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:40 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,053,751 times
great!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
An extra added bonus was seeing Neil Young on the program as well. He done a great version of "Long May You Run." If you know not only the lyrics of the song but also the history of his days with Steven Stills, you would understand why that song was picked.
I wish I could have seen that.
Indeed I understand the meaning behind Neil Young singing that particular bittersweet song on Conan's last show. It's good that Conan is not burning bridges--what a nice way to salute his former employer.
Maybe at some point I will have a chance to see that performance.

ETA: I guess I can see the whole thing on Hulu!

Old 01-24-2010, 02:50 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,207,308 times
Did anyone see Jimmy Fallon's incredible, dead-on impression of Neil Young performing the viral internet tube Pants On The Ground this past week. Pretty amazing!

YouTube - Jimmy "Neil Young" Fallon - Pants On The Ground

Old 01-24-2010, 05:21 PM

191 posts, read 273,593 times
The performance was a bit ridiculous but it worked. I can't believe how pathetic NBC is. I'll be looking forward to watching Conan wherever he ends up.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:04 PM

QW
I actually posted the Fallon/Neil Young thing here awhile back; it was amazing!

NBC might have been short sighted but the main thing is that Conan's career is not over, he is a talented comedian, can play guitar, and has a whole lot of fans and friends.

I saw the Neil Young song and enjoyed it. Both he and Hanks had to get going because they were committed to the HopeforHaiti program.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:57 PM

408 posts, read 725,086 times
I didn't know Conan could play the guitar....

Old 01-24-2010, 11:02 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,914,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Some of you might have already seen this on TV or before it was taken down. (It was taken down from Youtube but I found it on Will Ferrell's site.)
I wasn't sure which forum to post, but chose the music forum because this is almost all musical, and I thought it might appeal more here.
(I really like the few words that Conan says.)
Kind of an interesting mix of players onstage: Beck, Ben Harper, Billy Gibbons, and Ronnie Van Zant--oops I meant Will Ferrell.
I believe that it was taken down because there is a VIRUS associated with it. Internet Security 2010 is the program that it's attempting to download.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I believe that it was taken down because there is a VIRUS associated with it. Internet Security 2010 is the program that it's attempting to download.
Yikes! Thank you for posting this, Stratford.
That certainly is a good reason to take it down. All Youtube said was something about NBC. Regardless, it's still on Hulu and Funny or Die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music