Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:14 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. If you were going to be in Myrtle Beach for just 1 night and wanted to have a great dinner, where would you eat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 11:54 AM

540 posts, read 1,679,063 times
Depends on what you liked to eat, of course. Rioz is great if you like lots of brazillian style yummy meat. Wonderful salad bar as well.

I don't like any of the seafood buffet places here, pretty gross. Haven't tried one I REALLY liked, and we've tried many many many of them. My favorite place for fish would be Mrs. Fish, hard to find, but really good, home made food. It's on 919 Broadway (not the beach, a few roads inland) in a non descript building. It's near the corners of Oak and 9th. It's more of a locals place, very few tourists know it's there I'm guessing. Thankfully! (it's a very small restaurant, maybe 14 tables) I actually found out about it from someone I worked with who grew up in Myrtle Beach since she was a kid (in 40s now). Lots of homemade sauces to go on the fish...very reasonable prices, and large portions. Making myself hungry....

I heard the Ethiopean restaurant right around the corner from there is excellent as well. My parents loved it. It's near Black Thai.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:03 PM

If the locals like it, it's probably worth a try. Thank you young lady!

Old 07-14-2010, 12:09 PM

540 posts, read 1,679,063 times
Quite welcome! I looked up the address for you, which I posted in my previous post. Even the ratings and reviews posted are all positive. I'm sure you'll love it If you have a Droid, the restaurant is Mrs. Fish Seafood Grill. Phone number is 843-946-6869 if you need directions (or don't have a Droid, which can get you right there by clicking on it!)

Old 07-14-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pburgess68 View Post
Quite welcome! I looked up the address for you, which I posted in my previous post. Even the ratings and reviews posted are all positive. I'm sure you'll love it If you have a Droid, the restaurant is Mrs. Fish Seafood Grill. Phone number is 843-946-6869 if you need directions (or don't have a Droid, which can get you right there by clicking on it!)
Thanks again!

Old 07-14-2010, 12:28 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,045 times
I have had a couple sets of relatives visit lately and, following my brothers advise, they all went to The Library. I have never been there (not in my budget and not kid friendly) but my relatives thought it was fabulous. It is expensive but (from what they said) if you are looking for a dining experience that you will not soon forget, go to The Library.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
I have had a couple sets of relatives visit lately and, following my brothers advise, they all went to The Library. I have never been there (not in my budget and not kid friendly) but my relatives thought it was fabulous. It is expensive but (from what they said) if you are looking for a dining experience that you will not soon forget, go to The Library.
Thank you! It will be just me and my 20 year old grandaughter. We just HAVE to go parasailing together!

Old 07-14-2010, 01:22 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,828,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
If you were going to be in Myrtle Beach for just 1 night and wanted to have a great dinner, where would you eat?
It also depends a lot upon which area you're going to be in. Myrtle Beach spans a big area and there are good restaurants all along the way.

If you're anywhere near the South end, I recommend seafood in Murrells Inlet. There are numerous restaurants, and the MarshWalk is a fun place for a pre-dinner or post-dinner stroll. Divine's is an excellent choice on the upscale end. You also can't beat Russell's - a little simpler and rustic, but some of the freshest, well-prepared seafood you'll find around here.

Hope y'all have a big time.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:37 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,693,201 times
We always try to get to T-Bones in Murrells Inlet (NOT TBonz, the chain). They have a great selection and all-you-can-eat ribs on Wednesdays.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:32 PM

61 posts, read 213,756 times
Go to the Admirals Flagship on 17 business in Murrells Inlet, drive around to the back of the restaurant and go in the back kitchen door, tell them you want 1 locals special! You will get oysters, shrimp, scallops, flounder, deviled crab, fries, hush puppies, and your choice of either Slaw or a Salad! This costs $13 plus we usually give the cook a $2 tip! They will then cook the food in front of you in the kitchen! When we want seafood, this is where we go, we bring it back home and it is enough food to feed my wife and son, and my parents......all for $13 plus a $2 tip! I was told the cook there keeps the money as extra, the owner lets him do this! Don't know how much truth there is to that, but there isn't a better deal in the Grand Strand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area