Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 04:05 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,874,214 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with Covenant Towers on Little River Rd & 50 Ave North in MB? It is a 55+ condo complex with health care facility incorporated into it. We have an opportunity to pick up one of the condo units for my father in law, but was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with the place.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 07:05 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,258 times
I was really hoping someone would have information for you baylovers. I saw a couple of these places listed for rent and forwarded them to my Mom and Dad. I hadn't originally thought to show them places in MB (we were looking from Surfside and going South) but this looks like a nice community.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:10 PM

4 posts, read 16,186 times
I don't have much info on Covenant Towers; however, there's a newer facility off of 31/Grissom Parkway called Brightwater. Like Covenant Towers, Brightwater has idependent housing (both condos and houses), assisted living, and a rehab/nursing center. My sister-in-law was there for rehab and it was a beautiful place and the folks in the rehab/nursing area were wonderful!

Old 09-13-2010, 11:59 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,874,214 times
Well, we went ahead & purchased the condo. It was deal too good to pass up, now we just have to get my father-in-laws house sold in PA. That may not be so sweet.

The monthly fee for this two bedroom unit $1600 a month which includes daily dinner, excursions & transportation, some entertainment & clubs, weekly apartment cleaning & linens laundered, electricity & basic cable TV. The connected health facility seems nice & clean. Staff was very friendly & other residents we spoke with seemed to really like it.

Someone did say there were about 20 units for sale on the property. Yikes. At least my wife will be happy to have her dad nearby & hopes her siblings will visit more often now.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:46 AM

61 posts, read 213,675 times
I know that you have already purchased, but if there is anyone else on the board looking at Covenant Towers, they are auctioning two units off tommorow (Thursday 23'rd). It will be an online auction and you can find the information @ Home just click on the auctions schedule link on the right hand side of the page.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 9,824 times
I know of a unit worth about $60,000, I believe it is a 3br unit

Old 09-19-2011, 09:04 AM

2 posts, read 19,334 times
Do these people get Federal Assistance to help them out on the $1600 monthly fee?

Old 09-19-2011, 09:06 AM

2 posts, read 19,334 times
Is Federal Assistance available?

Old 09-19-2011, 01:04 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,098,224 times
I don't have any direct information about Convenant Towers other than it is in an excellent location and the former preacher for the First Presbyterian Church lived here in the 1980s.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:18 PM

46 posts, read 144,051 times
I think Covenant Towers is a viable option for residents who are really going to utilize the services included in the monthly fee which I consider rather prohibitive since you actually own your own unit. If you enjoy dining out, traveling independently, doing your own laundry, and spending more time on your own or with outside friends, then you are paying a small fortune for services you aren't always going to need or use.

But if you are going to center your life mostly around the amenities they provide and you're going to really socialize and spend most of your time with the other residents in the building, then it may be perfect for you.

I personally wouldn't care for that lifestyle unless I was getting to a point where I needed something more like an "assisted living" facility which Covenant Towers really is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area