Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 06:00 PM

9 posts, read 59,105 times

Advertisements

New here from California, used to shopping at places like Trader Joe's, Henry's, Whole Foods and Fresh and Easy for selections of flours, unusual produce, gourmet spices and coffee beans, and other unique items for gourmet cooking or snacking. Any ideas? I'm on the outskirts of North MB but don't mind driving a reasonable distance for weekly or bi-weekly shopping. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 07:40 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
Well if you don't find it there we have Whole Foods, Earthfare and soon a Trader Joe's in Greenville. You can stop here on your way to the mountains.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:18 PM

61 posts, read 213,652 times
The closest Whole Foods is in Mt. Pleasant just outside of Charleston. There is a natural foods store at 76'th ave n in Myrtle, here is their website New Life Natural Foods Myrtle Beach They are about the only option in the area.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:22 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
According to Whole Foods, the closest store openings planned for the next couple of years are in Raleigh, NC, and Marietta, GA.

Stores in Development | About Whole Foods Market | WholeFoodsMarket.com

As myrc60 mentioned, Greenville has both WFM and TJ's, plus a healthy dose of other options. Charleston also has a WFM and plenty of other options. I can absolutely understand why someone could miss these places so much.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:29 PM

61 posts, read 213,652 times
You know, with all the people from the North living here I have never understood why Whole Foods or other such stores never opened here. One restaurant owner told me it was mainly due to lack of an Interstate for direct import to stores here, but I somewhat doubt that. You would think that they would make a ton of money here!

Old 10-05-2010, 09:29 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,825,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randredge View Post
You know, with all the people from the North living here I have never understood why Whole Foods or other such stores never opened here. One restaurant owner told me it was mainly due to lack of an Interstate for direct import to stores here, but I somewhat doubt that. You would think that they would make a ton of money here!
In 2007, The Fresh Market took an option on land in PI and announced they were building a store here, but the Bush recession killed that plan less than a year later.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:01 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
In 2007, The Fresh Market took an option on land in PI and announced they were building a store here, but the Bush recession killed that plan less than a year later.
Poor GW!

Old 10-05-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Poor GW!
Yeah right, I feel so bad for him. Much too quiet in here. Thought sure I could stir something up...

Enjoy that wedding!

Old 10-05-2010, 05:01 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzybeader View Post
New here from California, used to shopping at places like Trader Joe's, Henry's, Whole Foods and Fresh and Easy for selections of flours, unusual produce, gourmet spices and coffee beans, and other unique items for gourmet cooking or snacking. Any ideas? I'm on the outskirts of North MB but don't mind driving a reasonable distance for weekly or bi-weekly shopping. Thank you!
This is a problem I've been having since moving here. I used to shop at Whole Foods and Wegmans plus some small health food stores and can't find anything here. My closest grocery store seems to specialize in animal parts, beer, frozen pizza and processed food but I'm in Conway so you may have better luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randredge View Post
I was hoping when The Pig closed in Carolina Forest, Whole Foods would open there and there has been rumors but I would be surprised if they did. When these stores do their market research for areas they take into account a lot of things and average annual income of residents is one of them. I don't think the average income for this area would be high enough for Whole Foods, they usually open near metroplitan areas. Hope I'm wrong and they come here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
LOL, you mean he did something that caused the economic downturn?

Old 10-06-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
LOL, you mean he did something that caused the economic downturn?
Well, he actually did very little at all, but yes, I think this was one of the items on his resume's "Accomplishments" list...

Quote:
My closest grocery store seems to specialize in animal parts, beer, frozen pizza and processed food...
What else could you possibly want?? Maybe some Slim Jim's and boiled peanuts?? Welcome to the South!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area