Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2010, 12:37 PM

14 posts, read 31,842 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
We just bought a condo in Murrels Inlet and are planning on coming down over the Christmas holiday to furnish it. Can anyone recommend stores for furniture, home goods, mattresses, etc... We need everything as this will be our second home.
Thanks for all your help!!

Sandy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 06:38 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,045 times
For furniture I have a couple favorites, Garden City Furniture on business 17 in Garden City and Village Discount Furniture on 8th Avenue S. in Surfside. If you go to Garden City Furniture have them point you in the direction of their close-out warehouse out back, you can get some great bargains. For home goods, a must stop is Old Time Pottery on business 17 in Surfside.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:06 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,544,694 times
All the furniture and mattresses for our Murrells Inlet townhouse came from The Roomstore up by the airport. Old Time Pottery is definately the place for the little stuff......

Old 11-14-2010, 11:56 AM

7 posts, read 23,777 times
Furniture and Mattress Gallery is another good place to shop and it's located in Murrells Inlet on 17 Bypass. Also, there are several mattress stores on 17 Bypass in Garden City/Murrells Inlet area. Old Time Pottery is a good place for the little stuff as well as the HomeGoods Store in Myrtle Beach which has great stuff...love that store!!!

Old 11-14-2010, 04:53 PM

49 posts, read 200,384 times
Default Try Unclaimed Furniture

Just found this store this past weekend while I was in the area. It is off Hwy 17 in Myrtle Beach near the Lowes/Ross/Toy R Us. Mostly couches and chairs but prices seemed really good. May not be the best quality but decent enough for a second home.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:54 PM

49 posts, read 200,384 times
Default Try Unclaimed Furniture

Just found this a store called "Unclaimed Furniture" this past weekend while I was in the area. It is off Hwy 17 in Myrtle Beach near the Lowes/Ross/Toy R Us. Mostly couches and chairs but prices seemed really good. May not be the best quality but decent enough for a second home.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:26 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
I would go to HomeGoods. Isn't there one in Myrtle Beach? Charleston doesn't have one. All we have are small interior sections at the back of TJ Maxs and Milton's stores which has supposedly Home Goods stuff. (If you have numerous hours or even days you can scavenge the multiple TJ Maxx and Milton's stores between Charleston, N. Charleston and Mt. Pleasant to see what you might find.) I know there is one in Bluffton/Hilton Head if you don't mind driving another two hours.

World Market has some good stuff sometimes as does Pier 1. We have both of those stores in Charleston on or just off of Sam Rittenburg which is off of 17 S on your right after passing under the 526 overpass. Don't miss it, it isn't very well marked. The Citadel Mall is also in there, Bed Bath and Beyond, and World Market are across the street from each other.

We used to have an Ethan Allen in Charleston on Sam Rittenburg too but I guess the market couldn't support it and they shut down.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:31 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I would go to HomeGoods. Isn't there one in Myrtle Beach? Charleston doesn't have one. All we have are small interior sections at the back of TJ Maxs and Milton's stores which has supposedly Home Goods stuff. (If you have numerous hours or even days you can scavenge the multiple TJ Maxx and Milton's stores between Charleston, N. Charleston and Mt. Pleasant to see what you might find.) I know there is one in Bluffton/Hilton Head if you don't mind driving another two hours.

World Market has some good stuff sometimes as does Pier 1. We have both of those stores in Charleston on or just off of Sam Rittenburg which is off of 17 S on your right after passing under the 526 overpass. Don't miss it, it isn't very well marked. The Citadel Mall is also in there, Bed Bath and Beyond, and World Market are across the street from each other.

We used to have an Ethan Allen in Charleston on Sam Rittenburg too but I guess the market couldn't support it and they shut down.
Oh I'm sorry. I thought I saw your post in the Charleston section. I thought you were wanting to shop for furniture for your Condo in Charleston. If you are you might find the above helpful. Otherwise, please ignore.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:45 AM

2 posts, read 4,794 times
Try seaboard bedding in myrtle beach. Small operation with good prices. If you can be flexible you can save 25% to 50% off what the other stores in the area sell for. They deal in closeouts, and direct buy type stuff. Nothing fancy just a warehouse with good deals. Good news is they are expanding and will offer a lot more in the new year. Just google seaboard bedding that is how I found it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area