Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2010, 11:32 AM

4 posts, read 10,913 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been looking at many different areas of SC for somewhere to move, and this site has been a great help. We've narrowed it down to either Longs or Myrtle Beach inland of the waterway. I like the look of th Forest Brook area, but I was wondering if I could have some insight about it. I don't see any posts on here about it. thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 02:34 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,691,335 times
The area of Forestbrook between Highways 544 and 501 is beautiful with lots of old growth trees, some newer developments with restrictions and some older neighborhoods without restrictions. The schools are excellent. They have elementary and middle. High school would be at Carolina Forest or Socastee, depending on your exact location. Both are also very good schools.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,736 times
Default Area around Clay Pond Road

My wife and I are in the process of possibly buying a condo in the area of Clay Pond Road near the 3100 blk...does anybiody have any information on this area as to any problems? Not trying to be negative, but we're looking to purchase a unit for our summer vacations and not rent out the property during the rest of the year. Thus, the property would be vacant for long periods of time.

Within three years we will move into the area permanently, sell this unit and buy a single family home.

Any info would be appreciated. And thanks in advance for your help.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
The area of Forestbrook between Highways 544 and 501 is beautiful with lots of old growth trees, some newer developments with restrictions and some older neighborhoods without restrictions. The schools are excellent. They have elementary and middle. High school would be at Carolina Forest or Socastee, depending on your exact location. Both are also very good schools.

I had a feeling based on viewing the various homes for sale in the area, that the neighborhoods were fairly nice. Also it's away from the hustle and bustle of the beach (I'm guessing?). The only major concern I had was that everyone complains about 501 being a death trap.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:14 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,773,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmith View Post
I had a feeling based on viewing the various homes for sale in the area, that the neighborhoods were fairly nice. Also it's away from the hustle and bustle of the beach (I'm guessing?). The only major concern I had was that everyone complains about 501 being a death trap.
Depends on what type of traffic you are used to. I don't think it's that bad but 17 bypass going south from the mall past the back gate/Market Commons area is very bad.

Forest Brook has some back roads to get around if you need to. IMO, I wouldn't worry about that.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:34 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,691,335 times
From Route 544 you can get over the intracoastal to the two 17s to go north or south or Route 707 to go south. From Route 544 you can also get onto Route 31 which will take you to points north without having to use either of the 17s. Route 31 also connects with 22 if you want to head west and avoid Conway. Forestbrook really is a great location.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
From Route 544 you can get over the intracoastal to the two 17s to go north or south or Route 707 to go south. From Route 544 you can also get onto Route 31 which will take you to points north without having to use either of the 17s. Route 31 also connects with 22 if you want to head west and avoid Conway. Forestbrook really is a great location.
I agree! Many ways to get around.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:04 AM

Haha! I'm from New Jersey, close to Philadelphia. I'm used to heavy traffic, so I wasn't sure how bad the claims about 501 truly were. It might seem nice to me. It's all relative I suppose. Thank you for the replies, I'm glad to hear that Forest Brook is a nice area.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmith View Post
Haha! I'm from New Jersey, close to Philadelphia. I'm used to heavy traffic, so I wasn't sure how bad the claims about 501 truly were. It might seem nice to me. It's all relative I suppose. Thank you for the replies, I'm glad to hear that Forest Brook is a nice area.
I lived outside Philly in Bensalem, Levittown, Forest Hills and Morrisville. I also lived in about six towns outside NYC but in NJ so to me traffic here is nothing. That's not to say I like sitting in it. Just like anything, you get to know your way around and you get to know when to avoid traffic. The difference here is it's a vacation spot so in the summer there is a lot more traffic. In the summer I would not go towards the beach on 501 on a Sunday or Sat. morning into the afternoon because that's when it's really bad. In Forestbrook you wouldn't have to. Forestbrook is a mixed bag of newer homes and older homes but all nice neighborhoods. I also think it's a great location, close to everything.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,402 times
Default Forestbrook

Quote:
Well My Grandfather, Wayne Baker and his partner Nick Tucker built Forestbrook subdivision and while my view might be a bit bias I believe that it is still fair. The couple of little developments along Forestbrook Rd are very small and have little if no restrictions.

Forestbrook Proper Forestbrook, Brookgate, Huntersridgr, Pine Ridge Turtle Cay apartments Oyster Catcher APT one road over from Forectbrook rd are those appartments/condos and eaglesnest subdivision are just a few of the neighborhoods my grandfather started for you to choose from.

Lots and lots of choices affordable and a mixed community style neighborhood with golf, grocery stores, and a ton of other things to do and go to. Also with the new roads in the past few years; traffic, even on Hwy 544 now 4 lanes is faster so traffic is not what it was when I was a youngster.

I would suggest that you live their a year at least and go through 2 summers so you can see how the area cycles through and where and when the money is made in your occupation.

Hope this helped

Last edited by Global Friend; 05-25-2011 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: no advertising
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area