Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 06:07 PM

145 posts, read 359,884 times

Advertisements

Here's a question. We plan to leave most of our furniture behind. Where are the best places to find decent but not expensive furniture in MB? Open to second hand also. How often is it necessary to go out of the area for this type of purchase? If necessary, where's the all-around best area? Wilmington? Charleston?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 12:10 PM

89 posts, read 252,374 times
We really loved Waterway Furniture...if they do not have it in their showroom, they will order it for you..they are located in North Myrtle Beach/Little River area...found them very refreshing and accomodating and the furniture is beautiful and in anybody's price range...just something a little different than the national furniture stores variety...but of course if you like that..Ashley has very nice furniture as well....

Old 11-25-2011, 05:02 PM

31 posts, read 152,842 times
Default We're coming soon!

Finally making the move from snowy, NYC, to Surfside Beach on Dec 10!!!!
We have a nice condo and can't wait.!

Old 11-27-2011, 10:36 AM

108 posts, read 228,079 times
Moving Day is tomorrow. After 2 years of planning it is hard to believe the moving van will be arriving in the morning for our relocation from Massachusetts to Little River. Exciting but scary too. I thought I would not be so emotional about leaving the family home where we raised our 3 kids these past 26 years. My girls have already moved to California and New York City but our son is still local (although looking to transfer to another state when something in his field becomes available). How did you deal with leaving family behind?

Old 11-27-2011, 11:04 AM

35 posts, read 76,572 times
What part of Massachusetts are you leaving? We have our house on the market just north of Boston and when it goes we're on our way down also. I have a very large family and what I did was for a year I took note of when we actually physically got together and it four times in the year. I have contact with my family (Mom, siblings, kids and grandkids and nieces) just about daily, however, it seems it was always through the email, texting or telephone. We all discussed it when I announced the house was going on the market and they hadn't realized it because we are always in contact with each other. That was what made the decision for me, I'll actually see more of them physically when I come back for vacation and holidays then I do now and we all live within 20 miles of each other.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:15 PM

124 posts, read 228,423 times
Mkaz, I can imagine how you feel and when we finally move down, I 'll be feeling the same way. When you are all settled, we'd love feedback on Lafayette Park because we're seriously thinking about buying there too. Our house here in NJ hasn't sold yet but we're not planning a move south until next fall or winter anyway. If we sell sooner, we'll rent here first and then move down. We really liked the look and location of Lafayette Park. Congratulations and the best of luck to you!!!

Old 11-29-2011, 05:24 PM

108 posts, read 228,079 times
JWINS thank you for your perspective at looking at this issue. We had not seen our son regularly until the past few months - although for a number of months we have been seeing him weekly - so this will be the hardest to give up. Hopefully his golf interest will get him down here more often. We were fortunate in selling our house in Tewksbury MA on day 1 (although my husband is a realtor so he knew how to price it competitively. RB1234, i will pm you when we get settled at Lafayette Park. I would be happy to show you our place when you come down to look. Unfortunately right now we have to wait until 12/8 for the moving van to show up - (since it is traveling to multiple other locations befoe it hits SC) Fortunately we will be able to stay in our townhouse at Village at the Glensin the mean time

Old 11-29-2011, 08:06 PM

124 posts, read 228,423 times
mkaz, thanks and yes, pm me when you can. Last August, we went to see an open house in Lafayette Park and loved it. I believe it was a Camden model and it had wonderful upgrades. I think it's still on the market but it's a moot point until we sell our home up here.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:26 PM

3 posts, read 4,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady105 View Post
Finally making the move from snowy, NYC, to Surfside Beach on Dec 10!!!!
We have a nice condo and can't wait.!
I am moving on the 10th also!! We'll be neighbors, I am moving to Palm Bay in Murrells Inlet.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:31 PM

145 posts, read 359,884 times
Default Furniture buying in MB

[quote=symbasmommy;21754830]We really loved Waterway Furniture...if they do not have it in their showroom, they will order it for you..they are located in North Myrtle Beach/Little River area...found them very refreshing and accomodating and the furniture is beautiful and in anybody's price range...just something a little different than the national furniture stores variety...but of course if you like that..Ashley has very nice furniture as well....[/QU

sumbasmommy, We will surely check out these stores ASAP when we arrive in Shangri-LA. Have to read the newer posts to refresh my memory about folks on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area